Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Sens Jan. 22

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So the dudes that were saying Methot isn't a top 4 are MIA.

Call up Claesson, waive Cowen.

Claesson - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wiercioch - Wideman

not a bad looking top 6, its not great but its enough to win games relying on a good offence.

KARLSSON HAS 51 POINTS in 48 GAMES HOLY ****.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
**** it. Lose every game from now on. I just don't give a **** about this season anymore.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I'm really only watching for Karlsson's stats these days, if I was him I'd be planing on where I'm going as a FA. Such an amazing talent.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I hope we give Turris time to mend... look at these numbers.

Pre Gumby Turris
26GP 11G 11A 22P +7
Post Gumby Turris
20GP 2G 6A 8P -18

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
I'm really only watching for Karlsson's stats these days, if I was him I'd be planing on where I'm going as a FA. Such an amazing talent.

Karlsson will probably end the season with 80-90pts.. He will have nothing to show for it though.. Norris will go to Doughty; because he's due according to the world of hockey... Kane will get the Lindsay, Hart and Ross...

And so Karlsson's best offensive season will be utterly pointless (pun intended)

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
39phEUjl.jpg

great company to be with.

sensrulz

Nov 12, 2009
As long as Melnyk is the owner this is what you will see, a bunch of borderline NHL D men and decent but not great forward group, sorry but this team is boring to watch now and needs a trade to shake things up and Cameron's run and gun offense is not getting it done, shoot the puck in and chase, Sens are so predictable and boring.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

It would be nice to see him get a cup one day and solidify himself among the great D of this generation. Hopefully when his contract is up he signs with a team that's ready to take a run at the cup and doesn't just chase the almighty dollar to the first team that throws max money at him. We can enjoy him for the next couple years though.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I liked the energy and push by Sens tonite despite the loss. Hammond was solid, and should play again vs NYR. *** zebras made some cheap calls, esp the 1st against EK where they scored. We missed Turry, and were short handed when MM9 got injured. A much better effort than vs NJ. Wier was wimpy on 91 leading to Hamonic's goal. Go Sens Go!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We just have to enjoy Karlsson for 4 more years and Turris for 3 more years. Both will most likely just go to another team unless something drastically changes in the near future.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 25m25 minutes ago
Ryan: "We had problems in the third period all over the ice from everybody. Guys that simply don’t want the puck, guys that simply won’t ...

... hunt the puck down and when you’re not buying into the system it’s going to take its toll." #Sens

It seems like some players have stopped listening to the coach.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ryan: "We had problems in the third period all over the ice from everybody. Guys that simply don’t want the puck, guys that simply won’t ...

... hunt the puck down and when you’re not buying into the system it’s going to take its toll." #Sens

Ouch!

Basically saying (in a subtle way) that some guys aren't working hard or are afraid to get their noses dirty.

Sounds like a fractured room right now.

We just have to enjoy Karlsson for 4 more years and Turris for 3 more years. Both will most likely just go to another team unless something drastically changes in the near future.

....maybe not that long. After the 2016-17 season, Karlsson's NTC kicks in. If he isn't happy at this time next year, you'd pretty much have to move him then while the Sens still have the ability to negotiate with 29 other teams.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
So sick of being mediocre.

I've stated it before, but we are on the same path that Vancouver and Buffalo were: mediocrity year after year after year and before you know it, 4 decades have passed and your franchise still has no championships.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

I just personally don't like it when guys "check" out on their coach.

Yes of course there's going to be "annoying" coaches or you stop "believing" in the system, but at the same time as a team member you are required to still pay your due dividends and follow the system regardless of your own personal feelings for said coach.

Best outcome for a player that "checks out" is everyone follows the system but it doesn't work, coach gets canned.

In this case, players aren't following the system consistently enough to even find out if it works or not.

IMO, I absolutely hate it when players "check out". Great players find a way to keep playing according to what their coach tells them. Sedins did so with Torts, and it obviously didn't end well but they did follow him. Ovie has done absolutely everything asked of him by his previous coaches.

Point is, regardless of the results, you do what's being told of you because as a team you have to work together. When you work together, and the plan doesn't work, then the coach can be keyed in on. Until then, I never buy the excuse of "checking out" on your coach. Ridiculous.

Karlsson and Ryan trying to lead the way, and I assume there a couple like Turris, Methot and Michalek. Seems like the older/more seasoned guys hanging in there. Really would've liked MacArthur's attitude back in the room. Poor goalies as well.

Other than that, it was a good game until a breakdown in the third. Again inconsistency.

Last edited:

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
So the dudes that were saying Methot isn't a top 4 are MIA.

Call up Claesson, waive Cowen.

Claesson - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Wiercioch - Wideman

not a bad looking top 6, its not great but its enough to win games relying on a good offence.

KARLSSON HAS 51 POINTS in 48 GAMES HOLY ****.

Not sure what you're referring to, but I remember people saying Methot was not a top 2 dman. He's a great number 3, who can stick as a #2 because he plays with EK.

This is officially the worst our team has been in the 9 years. I can't believe we extended Cameron. I can't believe we haven't fixed this ********.

Funny how Mac got fired, but we were actually better defensively under him, WITHOUT METHOT AND WITHOUT EK.

I'm done with Cameron, Melynk's snake, that's all he is and that's all he'll ever be.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I liked the energy and push by Sens tonite despite the loss. Hammond was solid, and should play again vs NYR. *** zebras made some cheap calls, esp the 1st against EK where they scored. We missed Turry, and were short handed when MM9 got injured. A much better effort than vs NJ. Wier was wimpy on 91 leading to Hamonic's goal. Go Sens Go!

Definitely need to go back to Anderson for the Rangers.
From highlights, Hammond wasn't in the greatest of positions, but I only really fault him on goals 2 and 3...unfortunately those are the ones that we needed stopped

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Why wouldn't some players stop listening to the coach when it's obvious even to us fans that the coach plays favorites. Some players can make as many mistakes as they want without consequence (and sometimes even get promoted), while others makes one mistake and don't play for games at a time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad