Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Sens Jan. 22

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
At this point, just shut MacArthur down for the year. It's not worth risking his career and health to come back to play at this point.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
Pathetic... Karlsson should demand a trade.. Not for himself but for a competent D partner and a centerman.... jeeez. He really had a great game until 3-2..

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Pathetic... Karlsson should demand a trade.. Not for himself but for a competent D partner and a centerman.... jeeez. He really had a great game until 3-2..

Can't play a guy 30 a night and expect him to carry the defense and offense for the entire 30 minutes and expect perfection. Needs help. Badly. I honestly wouldn't mind another top 6 forward. Take some offensive burden off karlsson. Some shifts he can just stick to staying back a little take a breather.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Murray is MIA

I don't blame BM too much. He's far removed from assessing talent these last few years. BM is very dependent and decides on advice from his underlings as to who to draft, keep and trade. That includes Dorion.

This team is a reflection of that staff. That's why I think they shouldn't promote the next GM from within. If they promote an assistant for the next few years he'll continue to run the team the same way. As part of the team structure the assistants are every much in tune with the current picks, prospects and systems since they built it to their liking and BM just rubber stamped it.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Who I want gone next season and we need to find replacements:

1) Phillips
2) Neil
3) Cowen
4) Wiercioch
5) Wideman
6) Chiasson
7) Michalek (he's always injured)

Also:
Lazar to AHL to develop

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Other teams have better bottom sixers and bottom-4s (D) in the AHL, than we do in the NHL.

And then there's sending the one semi-bright spot on defence, Claesson, back to the AHL.

Just send Boro down instead, if he gets picked up, it's still no big loss.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Wonder what the coach is going to say about this one. Results-based league, right?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I mean I can understand being stuck playing so many fringe NHLers because of injuries and lack of depth on D, but playing EK almost 33 minutes is just insane. We can't go ruining our only real star because management can't find anyone to help him out.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Turris has been M.I.A since December after he got hurt so its not like it means anything.

It does. He plays a good defensive game compared to many of our other forwards, and prevents Cameron from overplaying the other lines. Sure, Turris' production is nil, but you can't seriously say the guy has no impact on the team.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
At this point, if some GM is still under the illusion that Zibanejad is worth a great return, I'd give him up for a good D-man and have Turris, Smith, Pageau & Lazar down the middle.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
PLEASE SELL THE TEAM TO AN OWNER WHO WILL KEEP THE SENS IN OTTAWA AND WHOS RICH. **** TIRED SEEING KARLSSON WITH SCRUBS YOU DONT PLAY A DMEN 32 MINUTES CONSTANTLY. MURRAY THANKS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STEP DOWN AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

End rant.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Love watching him play, and love him on this team. but man seeing Karlsson play with some talent would be amazing for him.
Murray would cream his pants on all the prospects he could build with for the rerun on him, lol.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
At this point, if some GM is still under the illusion that Zibanejad is worth a great return, I'd give him up for a good D-man and have Turris, Smith, Pageau & Lazar down the middle.

#2C
#4C
#3C
AHL C

That's some great depth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad