Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Sens Jan. 22

WhiteLight*

Camron is turning into MacLean

Giving the A to Michalek (a useless veteran - aka a MacLean favourite) says it all

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Murray getting fired on top of his health issues is a very depressing thought to start the weekend

Some of you people....

Giving the A to Michalek (a useless veteran - aka a MacLean favourite) says it all

This team is very much lacking in leadership (and I think Karlsson is fine captain)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Michalek is respected and has been with the Sens for 7 years. He's worthy of being atleast 4th in line for an A....

WhiteLight*

Michalek is respected and has been with the Sens for 7 years. He's worthy of being atleast 4th in line for an A....

I disagree.

Karlsson
Turris
Neil
Ryan
Methot
MacArthur
Stone

at least before him. Arguably others

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not defending Cameron but I have no issues with veterans getting letters.

You can pick about a 1000 other things to criticize about Cameron

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I disagree.

Karlsson
Turris
Neil
Ryan
Methot
MacArthur
Stone
....H

at least before him. Arguably others

Well. Turris met hot and MacArthur weren't in last night. So the "4th in line" valuation isn't far off.

Who cares who wears a letter. Not like he result would have been different. I think letters and who wears them are so over rated.

WhiteLight*

You don't spell intense with an A, not a good fit.

My point exactly. Thank you Paul MacLean.

Michalek moves his legs a bit faster than Ryan which means it looks like he's trying hard. Same thing with Smith, Neil and Greening. Looks like they're trying hard, so let's reward them with lots of ice time.

Bobby is worthy just as much as anyone. Skating speed does not equal effort. And hard effort does not mean energy is being exerted in the correct way. Their is more to leadership than that

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Michalek moves his legs a bit faster than Ryan which means it looks like he's trying hard. Same thing with Smith, Neil and Greening. Looks like they're trying hard, so let's reward them with lots of ice time.

Bobby is worthy just as much as anyone. Skating speed does not equal effort. And hard effort does not mean energy is being exerted in the correct way. Their is more to leadership than that

Michalek is bilingual and I doubt Ryan is. In today's day and age a leader should know how to communicate several different ways.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Big part of having a letter is dealing with the refs. Refs think Ryan is a diver (and sometimes he is). Michalek seems to be pretty respected by the refs.

Also, I imagine a lot of the decision has to do with how they are perceived in the room, which none of us have access to.

Ryan is a better player, but to say it's a no brainer he's the better choice as a leader is purely talking out your ass. It's complaining for the sake of complaining.

There is plenty of things to criticize Cameron for, but no indication that this is among them.

WhiteLight*

Big part of having a letter is dealing with the refs. Refs think Ryan is a diver (and sometimes he is). Michalek seems to be pretty respected by the refs.

Fair

Also, I imagine a lot of the decision has to do with how they are perceived in the room, which none of us have access to.

Ryan is a better player, but to say it's a no brainer he's the better choice as a leader is purely talking out your ass. It's complaining for the sake of complaining.

There is plenty of things to criticize Cameron for, but no indication that this is among them.

My reason for complaining is that Cameron is rewarding underachieving players. Michalek has been pretty much crap even relative to his ability. Ryan has stepped up to the plate and been this team's best forward.

Yes, this is just one small thing (that doesn't really matter). However, it exemplifies very well the entire season and how Cameron seems to be transforming into MacLean - as I made it clear in my post.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Cameron and Maclean could/can only do so much with what they're given.

Yes they have some warts, but they were/are handcuffed to a degree.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Having a letter isn't so much a reward as much as it is a recognition of certain characteristics.

Some players have good leadership qualities so they get a letter, doesn't mean the coach thinks they are better than they actually are.

So much silly linear thinking...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm not a Michalek fan at all, but griping about giving him a letter is grasping at straws. He's an overpaid 3rd liner. That's it.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad