Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Just for fun...

https://nypost.com/2017/12/15/erik-karlsson-represents-a-perfect-islanders-opportunity/

"Snow has some of the most coveted assets stockpiled, and he seems primed to use them to help this team get over the hump. More than anything, he needs a big-time defenseman, preferably a right-handed shot. Wonder if Dorion has one of those?
Listen, it takes a lot to move a player like Erik Karlsson. But a lot starts with a situation like this one, where Karlsson first says something that makes it clear he is thinking of elsewhere as a real possibility, even as he has one more year after this one left on his deal that carries an incredibly modest $6.5 million annual cap hit."

Cyrgalis think JHS has value when we are talking EK? Really?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I doubt that happens unless the team totally flounders. They're interested in winning games, not seeing what they have in a prospect.

It would be seeing if this prospect is good enough that they would not need to go shopping at the deadline, not so much for evaluating Toews for the future, it would be see if he can play now is he a Barzal or a Ho-Sang LOL

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I would consider any of these players...

Darren Dreger on WGR 550 on Friday on the Senators.

“I think that Pierre Dorion though is looking for a core move away from Karlsson,” indicated Darren Dreger on Buffalo’s WGR 550. “So maybe a Mike Hoffman or a Zack Smith or maybe Pageau; or if you look at one of their defensemen, a longshot might be Cody Ceci, something like that.”​

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I would consider any of these players...

Darren Dreger on WGR 550 on Friday on the Senators.

“I think that Pierre Dorion though is looking for a core move away from Karlsson,” indicated Darren Dreger on Buffalo’s WGR 550. “So maybe a Mike Hoffman or a Zack Smith or maybe Pageau; or if you look at one of their defensemen, a longshot might be Cody Ceci, something like that.”​
Curious if Ceci would do better away from Ottawa's system, or if he's just not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad