Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
They need to think ahead for next year and work out a trade to acquire a decent young goalie (that has played in NHl) good enough to be a starter in the next few years but can't overtake the starter job. Do not need to trade the best players on the team nor top prospect but can do a combination of roster player who can play, 2nd round picks and maybe a good tradable veteran who can help the other team - you may need to move one of Beau or JHS to make these kind of deal. If one of Beau or JHS goes, also ask for either a defensive type of D coming back along with the young goalie or a good 3rd or 4th liner coming back.

Do not trade within division, try to make a deal with either Pacific or Central - think teams who are trying to make playoff but is just on the bubble or a team that may be fallen out a bit. Look for players with good NHL AHL records and had some past success in international play at any level.
I would like to pick up Grauber from the Caps this summer,but they have little incentive to help a metro rival improve their goaltending.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Why trade a ton for Karlsson who will walk or command a 10m+ contract, when Mike Green is available for a 1st and is better defensively without being much of a drop off offensively?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Why trade a ton for Karlsson who will walk or command a 10m+ contract, when Mike Green is available for a 1st and is better defensively without being much of a drop off offensively?
Mike Green is 32 years old and in his walk year. I can't see it taking a number 1 to get him.

Reactions: PWJunior

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Because I'd prefer to re-sign Karlsson.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
There is like no offensive RHD on the market, so I think Green could get a 1st.

I think if CDH is hurt for a few games, it could be the blessing we need, to get Toews here and if Toews impressed and CDH returns we would have 6 decent guys on the ice which is kind of what Pittsburgh does, I mean Letang is on a Leddy level and the rest are decent

Leddy/Pulock
CDH/Boychuk
Toews/Pelech

IF Toews does well, that is good with Mayfield as the 7th

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
If Mike Green means losing a first, then he's definitely not better value than Erik Karlsson, even if Karlsson cost our entire draft plus the Sound Tigers roster.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
No he is not better defensively.

This. I’ve seen this implication written several times on this board. Not necessarily that he is better Defensively than Karlsson... but that he is better than other options on and off the team.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Ottawa had a lot of the correct pieces in place last year, adjusted their bottom six and Anderson stepped up. Why can't that be us, coupled with the fact we also can pick up D help as well?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Ottawa had a lot of the correct pieces in place last year, adjusted their bottom six and Anderson stepped up. Why can't that be us, coupled with the fact we also can pick up D help as well?
Because we use Steve Bernier on the power play.

coachdny

Aug 20, 2010
I think if CDH is hurt for a few games, it could be the blessing we need, to get Toews here and if Toews impressed and CDH returns we would have 6 decent guys on the ice which is kind of what Pittsburgh does, I mean Letang is on a Leddy level and the rest are decent

Leddy/Pulock
CDH/Boychuk
Toews/Pelech

IF Toews does well, that is good with Mayfield as the 7th

Hickey is being activated and you still have Seidenberg. Towes wont be up this year.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Hickey is being activated and you still have Seidenberg. Towes wont be up this year.

Why do you say Toews won't be up this year?

I think Green will be worth a first, but I'm not sure NYI is the right fit. That said, there's probably not going to be a 'right fit' available at RD over the deadline unless NYI are going to take on term we don't want (e.g. Petry).

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

I've been saying this all season. There's no reason to think we can't be contenders. Ottawa got Burrows, Victor Stalberg, and Tommy Wingels last year for their playoff run. We're in a very similar boat.

We need someone better and either way I doubt Pittsburgh would trade him to us. We don't really like each other and we're in direct competition.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I've been saying this all season. There's no reason to think we can't be contenders. Ottawa got Burrows, Victor Stalberg, and Tommy Wingels last year for their playoff run. We're in a very similar boat.

We need someone better and either way I doubt Pittsburgh would trade him to us. We don't really like each other and we're in direct competition.
Cole is an excellent defensive D with attitude and aggression. Exactly what we need. Although I agree that Pit would likely avoid trading him to us.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Cole is an excellent defensive D with attitude and aggression. Exactly what we need. Although I agree that Pit would likely avoid trading him to us.

I don't know, if we give them something they need, does it matter?

So ummm... Brock Nelson for Cole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad