Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I would consider any of these players...

Darren Dreger on WGR 550 on Friday on the Senators.

“I think that Pierre Dorion though is looking for a core move away from Karlsson,” indicated Darren Dreger on Buffalo’s WGR 550. “So maybe a Mike Hoffman or a Zack Smith or maybe Pageau; or if you look at one of their defensemen, a longshot might be Cody Ceci, something like that.”
I think he needs a systems change, I'd really like to buy-low on him if possible.

As much as I love Hoffman, I don't really see a need for him. Sign me the f*** up for Smith and Pageau, though. They're exactly what we're looking for.

Curious if Ceci would do better away from Ottawa's system, or if he's just not good.
I think he needs a systems change, I'd really like to buy-low on him if possible.

I'm in agreement here. Wouldn't mind getting Ceci on the dirt cheap. But he would take away playing time from Pulock and Mayfield.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I own an Ottawa Hoffman shirt, love the guy. Be nice to have a scoring threat on the third line since Nelson is dropping the ball this year and Ho-Sang is back in the minors but I don't know much it will work with Hoffman not getting top PP time.

I'm looking for one of Vegas's scorers for the third line and Ottawas grinders for the bottom 6.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I own an Ottawa Hoffman shirt, love the guy. Be nice to have a scoring threat on the third line since Nelson is dropping the ball this year and Ho-Sang is back in the minors but I don't know much it will work with Hoffman not getting top PP time.

I'm looking for one of Vegas's scorers for the third line and Ottawas grinders for the bottom 6.

Lets do it. Both 1sts!

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland

If Vegas keeps winning what makes you think they will be selling/trading?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If Vegas keeps winning what makes you think they will be selling/trading?
Mcphee had vague comments about the future of the org versus this year making the playoffs.

I think that if James Neal, Marchessault wanted to re-sign for example, he'd keep them and sign them, but if Perron didn't (just using random examples) then he'd be open to dealing.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
After this Detroit debacle, team needs to explore these options

1. Promote Gibson demote Halak, see if he clears waives, I am sure he will
2. Demote Beau promote Toews, can't be playing a bottom pairing of Mayfield/Seids
3. Trade for Patrick Maroon and Jason Pomminville for the bottom 6... I think these 2 guys with Lady Jane at center, make a competent 3rd line and you can go with all the C's on the 4th line. I think you have to send some salary back to Buffalo in the deal for Pommin though

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
After this Detroit debacle, team needs to explore these options

1. Promote Gibson demote Halak, see if he clears waives, I am sure he will
2. Demote Beau promote Toews, can't be playing a bottom pairing of Mayfield/Seids
3. Trade for Patrick Maroon and Jason Pomminville for the bottom 6... I think these 2 guys with Lady Jane at center, make a competent 3rd line and you can go with all the C's on the 4th line. I think you have to send some salary back to Buffalo in the deal for Pommin though

Why are we sending down halak and not TG

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
LOL good point, either one they are the same person, it is like Armie Hammer when he played both twins in the Social Network

Halak is a goner at the end of this season. We need to get Greiss contract off the books.

Halak has been bad, Greiss has been the worst.

UFA Class of Back Ups has Dell, Raanta, Ward and Hutton out there. All suitable backups, we need to get one of the Euro prospects out here pronto

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Halak is a goner at the end of this season. We need to get Greiss contract off the books.

Halak has been bad, Greiss has been the worst.

UFA Class of Back Ups has Dell, Raanta, Ward and Hutton out there. All suitable backups, we need to get one of the Euro prospects out here pronto

Yeah we are SOL... I mean the Bridgeport goalies are HalaGreiss 2.0.... with their ravaging .890 sv percentage

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Mcphee had vague comments about the future of the org versus this year making the playoffs.

I think that if James Neal, Marchessault wanted to re-sign for example, he'd keep them and sign them, but if Perron didn't (just using random examples) then he'd be open to dealing.
McPhee has also let it be known recently that VGK will be buyers if they keep this pace up.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I wonder if the arena news has any impact on trades now. Like if the Isles never entertained the thought of say Erik Karlsson, OEL, friggin whoever before because of the uncertainty and now maybe there's a possibility?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
A mini-blockbuster giving them Leddy? Why exactly would they ever trade Scandella? If Snow wanted him, he should've traded with Minnesota. Too late now.

Last edited:

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
A mini-blockbuster giving them Leddy? Why exactly would they ever trade Scandella? If Snow wanted him, he should've traded with Minnesota. Too late now.

No obviously not giving them Leddy. I'm more talking about giving them picks and prospects. Also, Minnesota has different needs than Buffalo. Just because Snow didn't trade for him from Minnesota doesn't mean he can't trade for him from Buffalo.

I'm not saying they should trade him, but if they're looking to sell I'd give up a decent amount for Scandella.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
No obviously not giving them Leddy. I'm more talking about giving them picks and prospects. Also, Minnesota has different needs than Buffalo. Just because Snow didn't trade for him from Minnesota doesn't mean he can't trade for him from Buffalo.

I'm not saying they should trade him, but if they're looking to sell I'd give up a decent amount for Scandella.
Minnesota is the team that was deep on defense and was giving him away for picks. The Sabres brought him in because their defense sucks. They're not going to trade him for a downgrade. We're bad trade partners.

Isn't a mini-blockbuster just a regular trade?
You mean a micro-blockbuster? No, different thing.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Minnesota is the team that was deep on defense and was giving him away for picks. The Sabres brought him in because their defense sucks. They're not going to trade him for a downgrade. We're bad trade partners.

Fair. I just think if they wanted to sell he'd get a lot back. But I get if they'd rather move other pieces.

Isn't a mini-blockbuster just a regular trade?

I like to think of it as bigger than a regular trade but smaller than a blockbuster.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I like Scandella, but he is not worth Leddy.

Isn't the press saying the Sabres are listening to offers on everyone except Eichel?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
I like Scandella, but he is not worth Leddy.

Isn't the press saying the Sabres are listening to offers on everyone except Eichel?
No, he's not and yes they are. But Scandella is what the Sabres need more of, not less. So unless "listening to offers" means that they're ready to blow it up, I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad