Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I'd have to assume we could get Craig Anderson cheap. He's not much of an upgrade at this point, but at this point I'd welcome a change for the sake of it.

Historically, Halak gets better later in the season...

But if Greiss continues to falter, i would look into a Greiss+ for Anderson swap...

Reactions: MJF

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I thought this was interesting...

When Weight was asked if he needed to see more consistency out the #Isles third line he responded: "yeah, definitely. It's becoming an issue."

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I thought this was interesting...

When Weight was asked if he needed to see more consistency out the #Isles third line he responded: "yeah, definitely. It's becoming an issue."

Finding some new combinations might help some players -

Move Nelson over with Barzal and Eberle - see if that helps.

Move Ladd with Cizikas and Ho-Sang

Beauvillier can C chimera and Clutterbuck - u can also move Quine in the middle.

You also have Prince coming back so he might be interesting to see paired with Ho-Sang.

Reactions: On Edge

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
After another goalie debacle last night, I'm recycling this from a couple of weeks ago . . .

Yes, I'm not in favor of the retread names but when you look at the players higher up on that list that are not starters there's a nice selection of kids looking to get a chance. Frankly, I have no problem with demoting/waiving all of our minor league goalies since none of them have shown any reason to believe they can play in the NHL and picking up a new Bridgeport complement from that list. Vegas has Fleury, Subban, Dansk (on IR) . . .

I'd try to pry away Dansk and make him the #1 in Bridgeport when he gets healthy and I'd look at whether we could get Wedgewood from Arizona. He played well with NJ when he got a short look. That's my Bridgeport tandem to start. (edit: and the way we are going with goalie inconsistency one of those might well win the job this year on the top club . . . )

With Halak off contract next year one of those could move up and Soderstrom fills that slot in BP.

This is assuming we can't get Dell or Hutton as a UFA or via trade this season. Those are my top 2 targets that seem reasonable to go after.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Beauvillier can C chimera and Clutterbuck - u can also move Quine in the middle.

You also have Prince coming back so he might be interesting to see paired with Ho-Sang.

Simplify. Cizikas up on Line 3. Beau down on Line 4. Line 2 is on a bit of a dry spell, but they're still playing well together. No need to mess with that.

Reactions: dood and IODCPiper

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011

Nelson is an individual type player, he provides little help to Beau or JHS...

I would just put Nelson on the 4th line, and Casey on the 3rd...

Reactions: dood and Lek

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I wonder if Brock Nelson could be sent to Ottawa or Montreal or Arizona for a stronger option in the top 9 -

Ottawa - does a swap for Zack Smith work or for Pageau
Arizona - Anthony DuClair. Duclair can play with Barzal, dropping Ladd down with Cizikas and Ho-Sang
Montreal - Plekanec

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I wonder if Brock Nelson could be sent to Ottawa or Montreal or Arizona for a stronger option in the top 9 -

Ottawa - does a swap for Zack Smith work or for Pageau
Arizona - Anthony DuClair. Duclair can play with Barzal, dropping Ladd down with Cizikas and Ho-Sang
Montreal - Plekanec

I think we can get a lot of those guys without having to give up Brock, but if we do get them we can flip Brock+ for a top-4 defenseman. I think he does have some value. Plekanec/Smith/Pageau would all be really good fits.

I really don't want Duclair. He's inconsistent and we don't need a top-6 forward. I was up for trading Strome for him before we got Eberle, but I don't think we really have much use for him now. We need defensive forwards.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I wonder if MINN would by any chance be interested in Brock. He is from hockey royalty bloodlines in that state....

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I wonder if MINN would by any chance be interested in Brock. He is from hockey royalty bloodlines in that state....

I just posted on the Trade board since there is a thread about Minny trading a D-Man:

Nelson, Hickey, a 2nd and Gudlevkis for Dumba and Svedberg.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Here's the thing with Pageau...When he's hot, he's smoking hot....but he is like Nelson in that he is streaking with his offence...now, Unlike Nelson, he's an effective PKer.

For me, I prefer Perreault...19 games 18 points and he plays LESS minutes than Zeeker.

Mathieu Perreault hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

He's a top 6, but plays bottom line on the Jets and he IS consistent. He would be excellent on our Third/Fourth line for stability. He can also fill in a top 6/3 role if injuries happen.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Here's the thing with Pageau...When he's hot, he's smoking hot....but he is like Nelson in that he is streaking with his offence...now, Unlike Nelson, he's an effective PKer.

For me, I prefer Perreault...19 games 18 points and he plays LESS minutes than Zeeker.

Mathieu Perreault hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

He's a top 6, but plays bottom line on the Jets and he IS consistent. He would be excellent on our Third/Fourth line for stability. He can also fill in a top 6/3 role if injuries happen.
Why are the Jets going to trade him?

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Wanted: Flawless players.

Will trade: Brock Nelson, Thomas Hickey, dryer lint we acquired last year from Tampa Bay in exchange for toenail clippings.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Agreed, but I doubt Minnesota would be interested in him for Nelson+.

Agreed, the + would need to be better. I'm not sure what Minnesota needs but Snow should be asking. There seems to be a match around Nelson + for Brodin. Maybe we add Hickey + a young defense not on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad