Is John Chayka a top-3 GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Arizona's blueline is actually pretty damn good. I like what he's done and the notes could be a playoff team in a few years with all their prospects.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
They lost to a injured Ducks team don't know how anyone can call him a top GM already especially the day after losing like that and has never helped his team make the playoffs yet.

Reactions: voxel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Connor Murphy was a top 4 traded for an older better yet declining top 4.
The trade up to get Chychrun cost the normal jump from 16 to 20 AND taking on the Datsyuk contract
Goligoski was overpaid in FA
Demers was acquired because he was overpaid and brutal defensively

The one great acquisition that was DeAngelo was given away.
I wouldn't call a defensive liability with character issues a great acquisition.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
No GM is top 3 anything until their team actually does something positive. He has made lots of good moves, but people have been tripping all over themselves trying to be the first to say how awesome he is.

Let's wait until his team does something in the playoffs.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
No GM is top 3 anything until their team actually does something positive. He has made lots of good moves, but people have been tripping all over themselves trying to be the first to say how awesome he is.

Let's wait until his team does something in the playoffs.
Yes you have to look like you will suck out someone's blood if you want praise before your team does something in the playoffs

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yes you have to look like you will suck out someone's blood if you want praise before your team does something in the playoffs

Honest question. Without actual success on the field of play, how can we know if what he has done is any good?

We can armchair evaluate trades and signings, but it doesn't amount to much unless the crew he has assembled succeeds. I'm not sure why that makes me or anyone else a hardass.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Honest question. Without actual success on the field of play, how can we know if what he has done is any good?

We can armchair evaluate trades and signings, but it doesn't amount to much unless the crew he has assembled succeeds. I'm not sure why that makes me or anyone else a hardass.
True but then equal marker for what we decide is good for everyone . Would of started at make the playoffs or even just improve the teams standings. Most of the guys moves hf liked were cap deals for prospects or whatever

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
They lost to a injured Ducks team don't know how anyone can call him a top GM already especially the day after losing like that and has never helped his team make the playoffs yet.
Wow, they lost the first game of the season?

Well, pack it up. Season's done for the Yotes, folks. They're 0-1.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
True but then equal marker for what we decide is good for everyone . Would of started at make the playoffs or even just improve the teams standings. Most of the guys moves hf liked were cap deals for prospects or whatever

I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at or even if you agree or disagree with me.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Not really.
At this point I think the top three GM's in the league are Lou, Steve Yzerman and then theres a few GM's for that third spot that need recognition.. Rutherford, Poile, Fletcher as examples

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
This is a forum that was willing to annoint him top 5 just for tearing everything down to rebuild lol wait until his team actually accomplishes something

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
I like that he is our GM and he has done great job.

But lets calm down, he hasn't achieved anything yet.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think people really want to see him succeed, there's nothing more to his anointing than that. We're about to find out if he made the right moves.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Top 3 among the bottom half of GMs. The guy hasn't even won the division title, made the playoffs or seen any significant team accomplishments.

Top 3 overrated perhaps. Give him time and be might be a top 3 GM in the league.

Reactions: cptjeff

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Top 3 among the bottom half of GMs. The guy hasn't even won the division title, made the playoffs or seen any significant team accomplishments.

Top 3 overrated perhaps. Give him time and be might be a top 3 GM in the league.

This. Top 3 Most Likeable is probably more apt. Don't mean a thing.

P.S.-Condolences on your avatar becoming suspended in animation.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
No. His team has won nothing. He's not even a top 20 gm. The Hjalmarsson trade was great but other than that what else has he done?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Not really.
At this point I think the top three GM's in the league are Lou, Steve Yzerman and then theres a few GM's for that third spot that need recognition.. Rutherford, Poile, Fletcher as examples

It's not the 90s anymore, Lou hasn't really done THAT much in Toronto.
Yzerman and Poile are the two names that stand out on top. I think Bob Murray is really underrated as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad