Brendan Perlini - Mario Kempe - Zac Rinaldo

Defense:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Jason Demers

Alex Goligoski - Dakota Mermis

Kevin Connauton - Luke Schenn

Goalies:

Antti Raanta

Scott Wedgewood

Based on the roster alone, I understand why they are at the bottom of the standings. They also have $16.5 million in cap space this season.

Logicize

Sep 9, 2017
By what quantifiable measures do we judge a GM? Then we will know if Chayka is a top 3 GM. Oh wait, OP you didn't provide this definition. Thanks for a useless thread.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Chayka played hockey before injuries did him in. But what exactly are you "seeing" that makes him the worst? Are you yourself new to the game?

He has had one summer of control and added Raanta, Stepan, and Hjalmarsson. Two of which haven't really been healthy, but they've been big difference makers when available. The player he specifically targeted and drafted - Keller - has been amazing. If Chayka can be accused of anything, it's probably too much loyalty to players like Domingue and Schenn when the team clearly needs to move on. That's about it.
Chayka didn't specifically target Keller, I'm pretty sure Bernhardt would have taken him anyway even if Maloney was still there.

As for where he was found, he was found through Tie Domi, due to Chayka doing private work for Max, while Max was on the Knights and Chayka was at Ivy.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Imo he is a top 3 despite arizona being last. He’s been a GM for only 18 month, no much you can’t do in that time frame.he also has to run organization super tigh on cash.Less money means less scouting , can’t spend to the cap , internal budget , ect....he can’t even fire the coach lol
I like how you jump from "despite being quantifiably terrible in every way, he has excuses...so he is probably THE BEST"

Why not "he has excuses, so he is only somewhere in the bottom 10, and I will give him more time"?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I thought the Yotes would have been better heading into the season.

So did we.

I would put Chayka as the last person responsible for what is going on right now. The transactions made total sense on paper.

Stepan and Hjalmarsson talks had probably been ongoing for a while and they made sense considering who our coach was at the time (Tippett). Once Tippett was let go, we went forward with the moves, but then didn't really know who the coach was going to be at the time. With Tocchet, the up-tempo system may not be the best for these two players. Coach and players have not exactly fit like a glove.

His drafts and movement around the drafts have been solid, if not spectacular. I don't think anyone could have been crazy about dropping from what, the 4th worst record to the 7th pick in last year's draft, where #5 through #22 prospects could all be on a similar tier.

Unless he has voodoo dolls telling our team to turn the puck over as consistently as they have, he has little to do with the on-ice play, at this point.

Last, take a look at the prospect pipeline for Arizona over the last 10 years. The Coyotes never had a cascading talent level where we could comfortably bring in a new prospect every year or two. Not saying all of those players have to be elite, but Arizona didn't have elite players to choose from until we started to develop Perlini, Domi, etc.

Reactions: Josepho

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Chayka didn't specifically target Keller, I'm pretty sure Bernhardt would have taken him anyway even if Maloney was still there.

As for where he was found, he was found through Tie Domi, due to Chayka doing private work for Max, while Max was on the Knights and Chayka was at Ivy.

Interesting what type of work did Chayka do for Max?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He was found through TIE DOMI based on some analytics reports? :biglaugh:He could have been showing him a sudoku he did on the toilet.
Tie Domi hired stathletes for private consultation. Through that, Tie brought hit to the attention of Barroway. If anyone is familiar with Tie, he prides himself on his ability to network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad