Is John Chayka a top-3 GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I like his overall body of work so far. Their current record doesn't matter a whole lot to me, a GM's job is to plan for the long term.

I didn't like the Stepan trade and thought it was premature considering the state of the team's rebuild, and my opinion hasn't changed in that regard.
Winning isn't the only thing, it's everything! In sports, that's how you are judged. As a GM, the moves you make need to show positive results. So far the results are far from positive. The Coyote fan base is so use to losing they are blinded by the promise of youth. They see the glass half full even though it's got a hole in it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Coyotes fans are totally okay with this NOT being bumped every time we lose since we didn't start it.... just and FYI

but i mean it's cool. This is not Chayka's fault. This is the coaching staff and lazy players

But he built this team so this is his fault.

Also I like the fact you bumped a thread to tell people not to bump the thread

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Read up, chief. I didn't bump this thread. Secondly, i was clearly being sarcastic. I could give two shits if you guys want to shit on the Coyotes. I've been here 9 years, i'm plenty used to it by now. Your shit especially is tiresome, but i'm used to you too. No sweat, i love talking hockey, even with you :)

Reactions: AndrewYotes

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Martin Hanzal and Shane Doan were the rugs that tied the room together but I guess Chayka forgot to add those 2 flags to his spreadsheet macros.

Reactions: snipes

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Yup. Amazing player. Makes up for drafting that bust Strome :)
He's not a bust yet but yeah that's the kinda way we all see it too. We also lost out on McEichel (thanks to your Oiler luck) and hometown hero Matthews by a mere couple days....all 3 of which could've single handedly saved this franchise so in the end though it all evens out to us just getting a endless stream of shit luck.

TLDR; Keller is Coyotes happiness

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Does this thread really need to be bumped up everytime the Coyotes lose a game?

Yes and it should be a reminder not to anoint a guy as the best gm in the league just for tearing things down and ushering a rebuild. He doesnt belong in any top 10 GM discussion list let alone discussion for top 3 and the best gm (which was your thread for last year that I was nice enough not to bump)

Chayka has been praised very early without the track record to warrant it. A lot of people had a giant ***** for the guy because he is younger than every other gm and works in analytics (which you can ask the panthers how hiring a bunch of analytics nerds worked out) so people just assumed he was smarter than every other GM out there

Last edited:

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Why was this thread made?

I'd say at this point Chayka is likely a bottom 3 GM, nevermind top 3. Even discounting their awful start this year, what has he done to show they will improve in the near future?

Brought in players past their prime like Hjalmarsson and Stepan. An overrated goalie in Raanta. I did think it would improve them this year (I likely will be proven incorrect), but still didn't/don't see any evidence of them bein a better team in a couple years from now.

Bad team. Usually means bad GM

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Stepan is past his prime?

That's what I typed, yes. <mod>

I might be wrong. I do not present my opinion as fact, but as strictly my opinion.

I have watched Stepan his whole career and think he has at best peaked and will sustain for a few seasons - but will likely regress on a worse team.

Last edited by a moderator:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That's what I type

I might be wrong. I do not present my opinion as fact, but as strictly my opinion.

I have watched Stepan his whole career and think he has at best peaked and will sustain for a few seasons - but will likely regress on a worse team.
The Coyotes couldn't be a worse team than they are and he's got 6pts in 7 losses. Sample size is too small but it's an awkward time to pick this fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Coyotes fans are totally okay with this NOT being bumped every time we lose since we didn't start it.... just and FYI

but i mean it's cool. This is not Chayka's fault. This is the coaching staff and lazy players

Huh? Chayka hired the coach and acquired most of these players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad