Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Meyer to me looks like a solid player, good at doing a lot of little things. He also scored a fair bit for his ice time in his first call up.

I suppose if you're looking for someone from Cleveland who might take off and become a scorer, you'd be disappointed, but if you want a good "call-up" type of player, I think Meyer can be that. That's something I don't think TFW can do.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
^^^
I certainly hope so - I might be in the minority here, but Meyer hasn't impressed me when he's been up with the big club.
On the contrary, for me, I thought he brought energy and a good forecheck to the team when he was up. I don't expect him to score but for a 4th line/13th or 14th forward, I think he's really well built for that. He's also got a bit of skill to him and will get his nose dirty and stir shit up.

Reactions: majormajor

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Would think Meyer's upside is 4th line/energy or organizational depth player who gets a decent AHL salary while on a two way contract.

I know that he's a top 10 all time for bizarre health situation for a hockey player:

Meyer barely had the energy to make it through his games or practice, and was down to just 170 lbs. But doctors still had no answers after 10 blood tests and checks for mononucleosis and other issues.

Then, after using the bathroom on Feb. 27, “it just came out,” Meyer said. “It” was a 25-inch, orange tapeworm with a head, neck and 50 segments.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
There’s a real puff piece in the Dogpatch that was just posted online. That writer is nothing more than a PR arm of the team. Hilarious.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
There’s a real puff piece in the Dogpatch that was just posted online. That writer is nothing more than a PR arm of the team. Hilarious.

He used to be @JacketsInsider. I'm not sure he realized he doesn't have to write everything in such a positive manner now that he's not employed by the team.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Would think Meyer's upside is 4th line/energy or organizational depth player who gets a decent AHL salary while on a two way contract.

I know that he's a top 10 all time for bizarre health situation for a hockey player:

Meyer barely had the energy to make it through his games or practice, and was down to just 170 lbs. But doctors still had no answers after 10 blood tests and checks for mononucleosis and other issues.

Then, after using the bathroom on Feb. 27, “it just came out,” Meyer said. “It” was a 25-inch, orange tapeworm with a head, neck and 50 segments.

I just had to read this at lunch...... where's the barfing emoji?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
How different is it from the piece from before Jarmo was fired? If I recall, there were five things in that piece.

Jarmo Kekalainen, John Davidson fire back at critics about state of Columbus Blue Jackets

Columbus Blue Jackets are consistently competitive​

Columbus Blue Jackets have plenty left to play for this season​

Development of Columbus Blue Jackets rookie defenseman David Jiricek is normal​

Columbus Blue Jackets still aim to help Adam Fantilli become elite center​

Columbus Blue Jackets’ young core making big strides​

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Former Blue Jackets Anson Carter is leading the bid to bring an NHL franchise back to Atlanta.

They should just relocate the failed Phoenix franchise to satisfy the league’s itch to get back into the Atlanta market. Then when Atlanta fails again they can return the team to Phoenix as the pendulum will swing back to a desire to get back in the Phoenix market. :sarcasm:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
They should just relocate the failed Phoenix franchise to satisfy the league’s itch to get back into the Atlanta market. Then when Atlanta fails again they can return the team to Phoenix as the pendulum will swing back to a desire to get back in the Phoenix market. :sarcasm:

If that team is moving anywhere it's SLC and I'm getting a Cooley jersey

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If that team is moving anywhere it's SLC and I'm getting a Cooley jersey
Houston's more likely because it's a desirable location but the folks there don't want to pay the high expansion fees.

Still sucks for Phoenix-area fans and I'm hoping they do find a solution, but it's looking increasingly dire. :(

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Houston's more likely because it's a desirable location but the folks there don't want to pay the high expansion fees.

Still sucks for Phoenix-area fans and I'm hoping they do find a solution, but it's looking increasingly dire. :(

Yeah I have friends from Phoenix that are bummed but they wouldn't mind seeing that team play here. Smith is willing to pay the fees.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The owners of the Thrashers didn't give two shits about the hockey team. I'm not sure it was Atlanta's failure as much as it was theirs.
"Didn't give two shits" is actually an undeservedly charitable description. They out-Precourted Precourt in terms of deliberate sabotage, and were successful in their "kill the team" objective mostly because, unlike Precourt, they actually owned and operated the arena and so could basically tell interested local parties "sure, we'll let you play, for ruinous per-game event fees that literally make profit impossible and with zero arena revenue."

Seriously, Atlanta Spirit Group makes Art Modell look like a forthright and honest businessman.

Reactions: NotWendell

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Trivia Question (that I don’t know the answer to)

Who are the last pair of CBJ players to wear jerseys where the nameplate featured the initial of their first name?

Example: J. Hughes

Has it ever even happened?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Who are the last pair of CBJ players to wear jerseys where the nameplate featured the initial of their first name?

Did Aaron and Jack Johnson cross paths in 2012ish?

I think there was also the Russells before that.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Did Aaron and Jack Johnson cross paths in 2012ish?

I think there was also the Russells before that.
1710527361914.jpeg

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

Can you imagine if Rick Nash and Riley Nash played here at the same time? Might as well've put their whole name on the back.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowumbus

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
"Didn't give two shits" is actually an undeservedly charitable description. They out-Precourted Precourt in terms of deliberate sabotage, and were successful in their "kill the team" objective mostly because, unlike Precourt, they actually owned and operated the arena and so could basically tell interested local parties "sure, we'll let you play, for ruinous per-game event fees that literally make profit impossible and with zero arena revenue."

Seriously, Atlanta Spirit Group makes Art Modell look like a forthright and honest businessman.
There's a special place in hell for Precourt and Modell.

Reactions: pete goegan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad