Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Kadri was probably hoping for a monster payday and now ends up back in Colorado. The contender thing is kind of dumb. Going into the season Calgary was a contender and now they lost Gaudreau and are taking Tkachuk to arbitration. Things can change so quickly in a flat cap world. I get you have to trust what a GM is doing but 1 FA leaving, 1 top pick not developing, a depth pick turning into a superstar can change a teams outlook pretty quickly

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kadri was probably hoping for a monster payday and now ends up back in Colorado. The contender thing is kind of dumb. Going into the season Calgary was a contender and now they lost Gaudreau and are taking Tkachuk to arbitration. Things can change so quickly in a flat cap world. I get you have to trust what a GM is doing but 1 FA leaving, 1 top pick not developing, a depth pick turning into a superstar can change a teams outlook pretty quickly

The crazy thing is that no one would have batted an eye if Gaudreau had signed for seven years with the Islanders, even though most think they're probably rebuilding in a couple years. We're more understanding of short-sightedness than we are of a player being long-sighted.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The crazy thing is that no one would have batted an eye if Gaudreau had signed for seven years with the Islanders, even though most think they're probably rebuilding in a couple years. We're more understanding of short-sightedness than we are of a player being long-sighted.
Yeah fans overrate players knowledge of where an organization is and projects to be. Look at him talking about our top prospect Kent Johnson. Thought it was cool he idolized him and chose 13 because of him but had no idea that was the case. He referred to him as "the younger guy"and he hears hes pretty skinny so he'll take him out for steak dinners to beef him up.
Not many NHLers are hockey nuts like us weirdos that know NHL teams beyond the guys on the ice when they play them

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Yeah fans overrate players knowledge of where an organization is and projects to be. Look at him talking about our top prospect Kent Johnson. Thought it was cool he idolized him and chose 13 because of him but had no idea that was the case. He referred to him as "the younger guy"and he hears hes pretty skinny so he'll take him out for steak dinners to beef him up.
Not many NHLers are hockey nuts like us weirdos that know NHL teams beyond the guys on the ice when they play them

If I were a 20 something rich NHL player, the last thing I‘d be doing is arguing with some stranger over the internet whether Marco Kasper or Joakim Kemell will be a better NHL player. But I’m not a 20 something rich NHL player, so I can waste plenty of telling telling some moron that Kasper is the better prospect and take some satisfaction when Kasper is drafted higher.

Reactions: cslebn

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Nostalgia

From CBJ reddit

man I loved Vyborny.

Also like seeing Glen Murray in old clips. Murray-Thornton-Knuble was one of my favorite lines growing up. Murray is from a small "city" in NS less than an hour from where I grew up so he'd go back on a somewhat regular basis but sadly hes one of those guys that had major feet issues post retirement. He couldnt skate after retirement but I think it was LAs trainers that designed a special skate for him so he could do things like skate with his son or better teach prospects on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk and Cowumbus

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
Finally, a good use of "our blue". Wonder if we'll ever get a mix up where we only travel with blue pants but the home team wants to wear white for some reason. Would look... interesting.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
If we're posting historic, goalie stickthrowing, Bruins OT game winners, how could you forget the first-ever OT Winner?

Sanderson, the hey song goal celebration, no chili chant, no Rimer. Nostalgia.
My first and last game in-person with my grandfather. We were in the Handicap seats on the ice right in front of this goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad