Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The CBJ haven't won 3 in a row since a 6 game winning streak in November.

The CBJ started out 15-7-1. They are 17-21-4 since then.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
16 games left.

Only 5 are against teams that are currently a playoff team. That is a little misleading as 4 games are against teams fighting for a spot, but the schedule is no excuse to miss the playoffs.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
16 games left.

Only 5 are against teams that are currently a playoff team. That is a little misleading as 4 games are against teams fighting for a spot, but the schedule is no excuse to miss the playoffs.

The next 4 games aside from Vegas are super doable.

It’s do or die now!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
16 games left.

Why must we as a board always do this dance after a win

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So I was just checking out capfriendly looking at Dubinskys contract when I saw that Panarin is losing over 50% of his pay next season. He's making 4.29M this season and is only due for 2M next season and it's his contract year.

Either they get an extension done this off-season (which is my guess)

Or Artemi is going to go balls to the wall next season trying to get a massive payday for himself.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So I was just checking out capfriendly looking at Dubinskys contract when I saw that Panarin is losing over 50% of his pay next season. He's making 4.29M this season and is only due for 2M next season and it's his contract year.

Either they get an extension done this off-season (which is my guess)

Or Artemi is going to go balls to the wall next season trying to get a massive payday for himself.
You clicked on signing bonuses. :) They already paid him 4.2M last summer. Rest of the salary he will get during the season, this July he will get 2M and the rest of the salary during the season. (He also got 2,5M performance bonuses from Hawks, so 6M total in the summer only.)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Jersey has 11 out of 16 against playoff teams

Philly has 9 out of 16 against playoff teams

Columbus has 11 out of 16 against NON playoff teams

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You clicked on signing bonuses. :) They already paid him 4.2M last summer. Rest of the salary he will get during the season, this July he will get 2M and the rest of the salary during the season. (He also got 2,5M performance bonuses from Hawks, so 6M total in the summer only.)
Son of a bitch :laugh::laugh:

Well while doing some digging because one of my hockey friends is putting the lack of goal scoring on Wennberg (even though he wasnt drafted to be a goal scorer) I started to notice somethings. And im not an advanced stats guru and I know, to really get a clear picture you need both stats and the eye test. But a few things really stuck out to me.

Foligno is having his worst offensive season since coming to Columbus.

Dubinsky is having the worst statistical season of his career.

Cam is easily having the worst season since he established himself in the NHL

And Jenner has been trending downward and has only gotten worse and worse every season.

And without Kane(or someone similar to dish him one timers) Panarin might not hit 30G for the first time in the NHL.

And while yes Wennberg is having a terrible season offensively, some of his advanced stats are the best of his career. Yes he was counted on to be a big part of this team and the offense, but the blame is far from his alone.

I still think he has some sort of mental block, whether it's lack of confidence, Torts putting to much pressure on him to produce, the system or lack of effort or care, who knows. But it's definitely not a lack of talent. The skill is there, he just needs the right kick in the ass to get going.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Son of a ***** :laugh::laugh:

And while yes Wennberg is having a terrible season offensively, some of his advanced stats are the best of his career. Yes he was counted on to be a big part of this team and the offense, but the blame is far from his alone.

I still think he has some sort of mental block, whether it's lack of confidence, Torts putting to much pressure on him to produce, the system or lack of effort or care, who knows. But it's definitely not a lack of talent. The skill is there, he just needs the right kick in the ass to get going.

Agree on the point about Wennberg. This is speculation.. But, I wonder if he lacks the "intensity" to be a top NHL center. I wonder if he's just "content" with his career. I thought we saw Wennberg emerging for the 1st half of the 2016-2017 hockey season with some intensity (especially with the fight against Tkachuk), but he's seemed to have fallen back to who he is as a player since.

Side note- Being content with your job/career is hard to fight and almost impossible to improve upon yourself and your job performance. I became content at my job after I had struggled for a while at many things. Settled in and just stayed the same for a couple years. Since, then my new boss has challenged me to move to a different unit in the hospital, increased job responsibility, slightly new job titles, leading a group presentation to employees across the hospital. But, I can still get very content and trying to pass on my "job weakness areas" to others in which I struggle mightily if it will be difficult to attempt. Like Wennberg in the FO dot.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Agree on the point about Wennberg. This is speculation.. But, I wonder if he lacks the "intensity" to be a top NHL center. I wonder if he's just "content" with his career. I thought we saw Wennberg emerging for the 1st half of the 2016-2017 hockey season with some intensity (especially with the fight against Tkachuk), but he's seemed to have fallen back to who he is as a player since.

Side note- Being content with your job/career is hard to fight and almost impossible to improve upon yourself and your job performance. I became content at my job after I had struggled for a while at many things. Settled in and just stayed the same for a couple years. Since, then my new boss has challenged me to move to a different unit in the hospital, increased job responsibility, slightly new job titles, leading a group presentation to employees across the hospital. But, I can still get very content and trying to pass on my "job weakness areas" to others in which I struggle mightily if it will be difficult to attempt. Like Wennberg in the FO dot.
It seems like all of our centers "breakout", get complacent and slack, then we trade them away and they succeed elsewhere. We need him to figure it TF out. While we have Dubois coming along, having Wennberg play at the top of his game only makes Dubois' development path easier as he shouldn't have such a huge load on his shoulders.

Wennberg HAS to figure it out this off-season/next season or I don't see him being in Union blue after next season.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Wow, NJ looks like they could have an 8 game losing streak coming up. If that's the case, and we pass them, that means we'll likely get Pittsburgh in the first round again, right? At this point I'm assuming they'll win the division. If that all plays out, yay...:thumbd:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Wow, NJ looks like they could have an 8 game losing streak coming up. If that's the case, and we pass them, that means we'll likely get Pittsburgh in the first round again, right? At this point I'm assuming they'll win the division. If that all plays out, yay...:thumbd:

The Caps and Pens and Flyers all have goaltending issues. Jersey has the hardest schedule. I have no clue who will win this division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad