Rumor: Interest in Marleau (report: willing to waive NMC for LA, ANA, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrent737

Dec 3, 2014
LOL Marleau scores one goal and all the fair-weather fans are drooling about how he is so good. Seriously, Marleau is 36, I feel he will only get worse.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
LOL Marleau scores one goal and all the fair-weather fans are drooling about how he is so good. Seriously, Marleau is 36, I feel he will only get worse.

People that are following this team at this point aren't fair weather. I guess people should feel bad for liking a player on this team. Good grief.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
People that are following this team at this point aren't fair weather. I guess people should feel bad for liking a player on this team. Good grief.

I hate myself every day for liking this team. I could be so much more productive if I didn't spend like 12 hours a week watching hockey and refreshing hf for Sharks news the rest of the time.

Fresnel

Sep 24, 2015
sounds like they need a locker room guy. Brown for Malkin, penguins keeping the difference in salary.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Good win and nice to see Patty score the GWG!

His line didn't look great though. Mentioned it in the offseason but I think Couture really carries that line, when Hertl moved up he was the cog. Marleau is still a great player, but at 36 he probably can't be the go to guy on a top line. No shame in that at his age.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I hate myself every day for liking this team. I could be so much more productive if I didn't spend like 12 hours a week watching hockey and refreshing hf for Sharks news the rest of the time.

I wish so damn hard I weren't so emotionally attached to this team. :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Of course he's going to get worse at his age.

But he isn't bad right now. He's not an elite player anymore, but a 50-60 point Marleau is still better than most players in their primes and if this team makes the playoffs, you need a 50-60 point player like Marleau. Those points aren't coming from too many other places, unless he were to bring back the same caliber player in a deal.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Someone the other day mentioned that a Gaborik for Marleau deal could make sense, if he were to go to the Kings.

I would tell Deano no thanks, and I'm sure almost everyone else here feels the same way.

Gaborik's cap hit about $2 million less per year (I think). Gaborik's contract is also 2 years longer.

Gaborik is 3 years younger than Patty almost, but that's where it gets worse. Gaborik is already no better than Marleau at this point, and I don't even think he's nearly as good. Gaborik had 49 points in 69 games last year, not too far off from Marleau's 57 points in 82 games.

This year, Gaborik has FOUR points in 17 games. Marleau has 10 in 17. Gaborik is a very old 33 year old, been in the league since he was 18. And Marleau might be an old 36 for the same reasons, he's also been in the league since 18 years old. He's been the model of durability throughout the last 6 or 7 years. He has played the maximum number of games played in every season since 08-09. All 82 games and all 48 in the lockout season.

Gaborik might need a wheelchair by the time he's Marleau's age, it won't be pretty at all.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

You're telling me... imagine having two teams... it's a hard life. :laugh:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Being a Sharks fan is kind of like being into getting punched in the face. You know you shouldn't enjoy it as much as you do because it's clearly having a negative effect on you but you still do.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
It could be worse. We could be Toronto fans... Now that's torture.
:laugh::cry:

I've got the best of both worlds. Leafs game 7 collapse and the Sharks reverse sweep.

The Sharks have given us lots to cheer about and broken our hearts several times. What can you do? Still love this team despite how frustrating it can be to be a fan. That's just how sports go.

I wanted the team to rebuild after the loss to the Kings. After this past off season I thought okay let's go for the playoffs. Seeing Marleau go would be sad but I don't want to write off the season until Couture gets back and we get to see the team play for a couple months with him in the lineup.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It could be worse. We could be Toronto fans... Now that's torture.

The only reason why it would be worse to be a Toronto fan is because for some inexplicable reason, they're allowed to be impatient and want everything now and are told they deserve it. lol then they don't get it. Still, that team has a very rich history to be proud of. Not all teams have that.

If I had to think of a team that has it worse than the Sharks, it would be the Blues. A longer history of good teams that weren't good enough...and almost ended up in Saskatoon. lol

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
As reported by Kevin Kurz of CSNCalifornia.com on Tuesday, Marleau would be willing to accept a trade to the Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings or New York Rangers.
However, TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reported Wednesday morning, citing "some NHL executives," the Predators and Chicago Blackhawks could enter the mix, if they haven't already.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas151111.html

I've been chatting over at the Blackhawks board. IF Marleau truely wants out and demands a trade, thoughts on this?

Bickell + Shaw + McNeil + 1st for Marleau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad