Rumor: Interest in Marleau (report: willing to waive NMC for LA, ANA, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Sorry, but the Sharks AND Marleau are the posterchildren for Chokers. Pronger isn't even in the same stratosphere as the term choker. Marleau's career was successful at one thing, letting down the San Jose Sharks fans.

Top 10 in playoff GWG. Always letting the fans down.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Exactly, How many Cups do the Sharks have?

Yes set aside stats and accomplishments because in a team sport one guy that won 15 playoff games by scoring the winning goal is to blame....

Man, I must have forgot that Nolan, Sutter, Lombardi, Nabokov never let the fans down. The rafters are full of their fan jolting moments...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Welp, if it comes down to it. Let's convince Marleau to waive for Colorado and snag Duchene while we're at it.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Top 10 in playoff GWG. Always letting the fans down.
Marleau is top-20 in NHL career regular season game-winning goals and in the playoffs...
1. Wayne Gretzky 24
Brett Hull 24
3. Claude Lemieux 19
Joe Sakic* 19
5. Chris Drury 17
Mike Bossy* 17
Glenn Anderson 17
8. Jaromir Jagr 16
9. Patrick Marleau 15
He is top-5 during his career.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hockey is a team sport, no?

No. Patrick Marleau takes the ice alone against all 30 teams at the same time. He must beat 30 goalies crammed into one net for every goal on his resume. Clearly.

Also I'd like to get a 1st back if there's a trade for Marleau out there. I want Tyler Benson.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
No. Patrick Marleau takes the ice alone against all 30 teams at the same time. He must beat 30 goalies crammed into one net for every goal on his resume. Clearly.

Also I'd like to get a 1st back if there's a trade for Marleau out there. I want Tyler Benson.

Do HF'ers think that the bidding for Marleau starts at anything less than a 1st? And I mean, "starts", because it goes well up from there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Do HF'ers think that the bidding for Marleau starts at anything less than a 1st? And I mean, "starts." Because it goes well up from there.

I figure there should be, but what we think should be the price and what ends up being the price can be radically different things. We can say that there has to be a 1st ++, then turn around and watch a deal work out with the Avs where it brings back Duchene and Bigras and a couple of later round picks. Who knows.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Marleau is top-20 in NHL career regular season game-winning goals and in the playoffs...

He is top-5 during his career.

He also has one of the worst plus minuses of all time.

He had also had the benefit of a lot of playoff games. How does he look when you adjust for games played?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

He had also had the benefit of a lot of playoff games. How does he look when you adjust for games played?

Has he actually played in any playoff games? I can't recall seeing him in one.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

Steve Yzerman career playoff +/- -11 Marleau -11 So what are you talking about?

Bottom line is no one was talking about his plus minus just that he always let the fans down. I'd say scoring a bunch of winning goals isn't letting the fans down; unless you like losing. BTW I get this stat is also subjective because you could score an EN goal in a 2-1 game the other team then scores so it's 3-2 and you get the GWG. Still he's scored goals that won the game pretty recently and no one *****ed about them after the game ended...

147 GP 15 GWG so that's 1 every 10 (9.8) games.

Hull and Gretzky both have 24 gwg in 202 and 208 games. So that's 1 every 8.4 and 8.6 games.

Yeah Marleau should get his ass in gear.

edit: if all that doesn't matter Marleau 2nd all time OTG in the playoffs. Tied with one Jeremy Roenick and the all time leader Sakic a minus 2. OMG he's a minus and he played a lot of games so the numbers don't add up. Anarchy....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad