Rumor: Interest in Marleau (report: willing to waive NMC for LA, ANA, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2010
I think i just head Elliot Friedman say this on 40 minutes

Sharks havent asked him to waive but he admitted he was choosing his words very carefully

Last edited by a moderator:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He didn't say on the block. He said that there is a team trying really hard to get him, but we haven't asked him to waive.

"On the block" is an EXTREMELY misleading thread title.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Tampa will always make the most sense as a potential suitor and I'm sure teams are asking but it won't happen.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Gets career pt 999 traded the next day. John Tortora asks why the fans aren't buying tickets. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
I don't think it happens and if it does it won't be until later in the year.....BUT

What kind of package from each team listed and those you think might want Merlot would it take for you to trade him.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I just can't imagine the right combination of team with salary and pieces that could possibly make this deal. We're near the cap, any team that would want him would be a contender and most likely near the cap too. We would need a package that is at most equal to Marleau's salary and I don't think the pieces that would make up that package would be worth it.

edit: well, looking at hockeyscap, I'm surprised by the amount of cap space that winnipeg has.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I just can't imagine the right combination of team with salary and pieces that could possibly make this deal. We're near the cap, any team that would want him would be a contender and most likely near the cap too. We would need a package that is at most equal to Marleau's salary and I don't think the pieces that would make up that package would be worth it.

edit: well, looking at hockeyscap, I'm surprised by the amount of cap space that winnipeg has.

Tampa is probably the closest from what I see. Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, and Columbus just aren't any better than San Jose to make it worth leaving San Jose right now. New York is likely too close to the cap for it to work unless a third team is involved. Tampa has a little over 2 mil in cap space. They have the talent to trade if it makes sense for them. They have a GM that has been interested in Marleau for years. They were very close last year to winning the Cup. It makes a lot of sense if the pieces fall into place and Marleau wants to go.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011

He doesn't uproot is family for Winnipeg

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
If this was the last year of Merlot's contract and he thought he could come back here after a short stay somewhere else then it might make sense to him.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Marleau's trade value is at an all time low. There's no point in trading him anymore unless someone comes to them with some kind of overpayment.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Nah, I don't think he's going anywhere, and really hope this doesn't blow out of proportion and cause a distraction like last year.

I can believe teams are interested in him, just can't see marleau waving, nor do I think we should trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad