Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid needs to go into straight beast mode from here on out for us to make playoffs. Basically what Malkin does every time Crosby goes down.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
There we go. He is on IR. He will be on there for a while. f****

"No timetable for his return"

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

giphy.gif

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
I guess now we will see what this team is made of. last year, we were healthy to start and gained enough momentum to push into the playoffs. it won't be so easy this time

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
First, thanks for sharing what you heard about Leon. I am skeptical about the February thing because it's a concussion (as far as we know, anyway), and not a broken bone, so it is harder to pin down a return date. He could be out a few weeks, a month, or longer.

Going on IR opens up a roster spot for at least the next seven days, so if he recovers quick he could be back for the game in Pittsburgh next Tuesday but I suspect he will miss the entire road trip. I think the best case scenario is he's back for the home game against Dallas on the 26th.

He is on IR retroactive to last Monday. Teams do that to save cap space, perhaps it even saves salary paid out due to insurance. Point is, he technically could still play on Tuesday. I sure he won't but with concussions as we should all know, you take it week by week then day by day. My understanding of Drai's case is that it is closer to the day to day stage and he will likely be back during the road trip, just my guess...

Reactions: Del Preston

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There's no trade that can really cover that.

RNH and Lucic need to step up and play like they can, but really how often have we said that and they've not come through.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Be nice if we knew a little more about the actual injury. We'd still be just speculating but at least it'd be better speculation ;)

One thing that's been striking me as a little odd is whatever happened, he finished the game. That would be weirder if it was the Trouba hit early whereas the late high stick or something else late is not surprising.

Perhaps along with the swelling around the eye he had swelling and dizziness which account for the concussion symptoms.

In any case, retroactive IR just means they want to be able to call someone up for next game. If he's skating you have to figure any dizziness is getting better, hope he's back soon.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I've had a mid-range concussion before ... I couldn't even do light arm curls or ride the exercise bike a week afterwards. I went to the gym to see how my body would react and had to leave after like 2 minutes, lol.

If Leon is already skating it's not that bad. A serious injury like that and there's no way you would be skating a week afterwards, you would get dizzy and feel sick just gliding around on the ice.

He'll be back soon if he's skating already. Time for some other players to step up. RNH, looking at you man.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
The other thing is the TMAC comment about his eye and how it affects his head.
It makes me think of "concussion like" symptoms caused by swelling and vision problems, not an actual concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad