Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Drai with concussion like symptoms... Well that's just wonderful. Looks like Pulju might get that call up sooner than expected solely because we're running out of top 6 talent.
To be fair, we were running out of it before Drai was injured.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
To be fair, we were running out of it before Drai was injured.

I don't disagree, but before it was debatable. With Drai out we're looking at actually missing warm bodies now to fill up the roster. I just hope if we call him up he gets a crack at some significant time instead of minor spot duty (and he earns the right to keep it).

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, what...does he have a concussion or just sensations like a concussion because his eye is all messed up?

Either your brain got damaged or it didn't. McLellan's statement just sound like he has symptions "like" a concussion but not actually a concussion.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
This is where you really need a guy like pool party to just "get it" lol. Imagine if it was a blessing in disguise. Drai looked lost. Gets called up year after and explodes

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
If Drai is really out until Feb then that'd mean Yamamoto is staying IMO.

Maroon - McDavid - Yamamoto
Lucic - RNH - Slep/Kass

isn't terrible. But the wingers have got to start putting the puck in the net and Nuge cannot afford to show up once every three games.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Just saw a video from 2 hours ago on Oilers twitter. TMac said that Drake is on IR but Leon is not. Reporter asked about having only 12 forwards, TMac said we'll have 13 very soon. That doesn't sound like February to me. Man.. @NeutralFan888 Is your source the janitor ?

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
This feels like karma biting the Oilers in the ass, after they got through all of last season without any major injuries to key personnel.

I'm highly sceptical of this "out until February" speculation I'm reading here in regards to Draisatl, but wouldn't that just be a dandy thing to happen on top of the Sekera injury.

Caggiula's not exactly irreplaceable, but even still...

Insert "FeelsBadMan" emote here.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, the fact of the matter is, that with concussions, we have NO IDEA when Drai will return, nor what he will be like when he does. It could literally be anything from "a few games and no long term impact" to "end of his career as we knew it". Brains are strange things to say the least.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well, the fact of the matter is, that with concussions, we have NO IDEA when Drai will return, nor what he will be like when he does. It could literally be anything from "a few games and no long term impact" to "end of his career as we knew it". Brains are strange things to say the least.

This I would agree with you on and it's also why I'm skeptical of this "Out to February" diagnosis. Concussion recovery is almost impossible to predict so I don't think anybody really knows when he will return until they see how his brain recovers.

This is something to legitimately be concerned about because of the unpredictability and potential long term damage where he might alter his style of play and not be the same players as a result. We've seen it with Eberle not being the same after his concussion, Ekblad etc. so while he should be fine, it's still a big concern because of the possibility that he might not be back to normal for a while even if he returns sooner than later.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Draisaitl's status for the road trip is undetermined, yet he's out until February? Okay.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Draisaitl's status for the road trip is undetermined, yet he's out until February? Okay.
Yeah....I don't see it.

Unless they don't want to worry people yet and getting second opinions on it.

That said I think itll be a few weeks at most.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Last season, Oilers were amazingly injury free. Now the progression to the mean is happening this year. Too bad ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad