Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Draisaitl will not play against the Flyers as per Stauffer. Most likely back against the Pens.

I would prefer he sit a couple weeks honestly if he’s still experiencing symptoms. Not sure what the rush is.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
It was brought to my attention and it was deleted. Reporting posts helps Mods to see what's up as we can't be in all threads at all times ;) I'm leaving the other brawl BS posts because of Gregor's quote to kill that BS rumor.
I right off almost everything that starts with " I know a guy that knows <enter name here> that said...." as bogus.
However one time I heard that exact statement about Pronger wanting out of Edmonton and was going to be traded (before it was made public) and it was true. Me personally, I think it's ok 'within reason' for a guy to post something he's heard. Obviously the whole, this player slept with this players wife is absurd but for me personally, I like to read the occasional trade rumour heard from "the guy that puts the names and numbers on the Oilers jerseys " I think most of us are smart enough to decipher whats real and what's not and it's always fun to see if a guy was right. In the Draisatl case its pretty easy to see that the trouba hit probably caused that concussion. The eye injury (some reporting a scratched cornea, is something that's harder to explain but whatever.
My point is that its fun to see the occasional rumour from a guy that knows a guy.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
That isn't very encouraging at all. I thought that the player had to be symptom free for 1 week before they could come back? Am I just mistaken in that recollection?

According to the National Hockey League's Concussion Evaluation and Management Protocol:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/282574512/binary-file/file.pdf

NHL_return.png

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Draisaitl is still experiencing symptoms, he should not play. It sucks and comes at a horrible time, but his long term health is more important than this season, plain and simple.

Reactions: SpoolCat

heat89

May 6, 2009
If Draisaitl is still experiencing symptoms, he should not play. It sucks and comes at a horrible time, but his long term health is more important than this season, plain and simple.

Disagree.

He is in my pool and my only concern is he be as productive as possible this year.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't, which is why he needs to hurry up and start producing. Hopefully, Draitstatl cares as much about you as you do about him.
You want him to play hurt because you have a hockey pool, you couldn't care less about the player if you tried, I 2nd Soundwave, I hope you finish last and it's an expensive loss.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You want him to play hurt because you have a hockey pool, you couldn't care less about the player if you tried, I 2nd Soundwave, I hope you finish last and it's an expensive loss.
Especially a head injury, I too hope you finish last and lose lots of money

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Disagree.

He is in my pool and my only concern is he be as productive as possible this year.

I assume he is joking lol. people are attacking him pretty good.

Just really hope this is a minor concussion. Seems pretty minor, but with them you never know. Minor ones can just linger for a long time.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Any truth to the rumours that Draisaitl's injury was not the result of the hit from Trouba, but rather from a knockout punch from Nurse that was given at the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad