Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Was it only one broken finger? Or was it just the surgery on the broken one? I had heard multiple broken fingers which makes sense for the timeline versus one?
Just one, but no surgery. Physio took a while I remember, at least 2 weeks until back to usable strength.

Reactions: Multigrain

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If it's just the pinky that broke that's probably fairly similar to Gaudreau who broke his pinky and had surgery.

Was back in 3 weeks even though the diagnosis was 6-8 weeks. He had to wear a customized glove with more padding tho.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Was it only one broken finger? Or was it just the surgery on the broken one? I had heard multiple broken fingers which makes sense for the timeline versus one?
I broke my pinky and another finger. Required surgery and my fingers were mangled for like two months. Pinky still can’t grip like it used to. I hope klef gets a better expierence.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Klingberg is returning tomorrow after having hand surgery. He missed just under 6 weeks.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Given it’s only a pinky, I hope we try to get him back in 3-4 weeks.

Just numb it up if there's a pain issue after 4 weeks and get him out there. Pinky isn't going to affect a grip to a massive extent, and it can't get worse, unless it's hit in the same place with a slap shot again. Given Klef's luck that shouldn't surprise anyone if it were to happen, though.

Hopefully Russell is back soon. Huge blow with these two out on the back end.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Gaudreau was back in 3 weeks with the same exact injury (broken pinkie finger that required surgery) and Gulutzan knows the exact rehab routine they used there. Hopefully he can put Klefbom on the same program

Johnny Gaudreau back in Flames lineup

Interestingly, Gulutzan said Gaudreau probably could've returned even earlier.

I think its faster to come back from a broken pinkie. They probably will have to numb it for pain and have him wear a glove with extra padding, but we can't really afford 6-8 weeks. He's gonna have to get back on the ice.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Larsson not skating today .

Anyone know what’s up with him? If he’s our then it’s curtains on our season.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Just numb it up if there's a pain issue after 4 weeks and get him out there. Pinky isn't going to affect a grip to a massive extent, and it can't get worse, unless it's hit in the same place with a slap shot again. Given Klef's luck that shouldn't surprise anyone if it were to happen, though.

Hopefully Russell is back soon. Huge blow with these two out on the back end.

Or just cut the damn thing off - stitch the hole closed and he'll be good to go! Plus he will still have 9 more so it's not that bad :sarcasm:

Reactions: KarmaPolice

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Larsson not skating today .

Anyone know what’s up with him? If he’s our then it’s curtains on our season.
He has been playing a lot, and heavy minutes. He had maintenance days last year due to back issues, could be related.

Wouldn't worry too much though, last year he always looked good after a couple of rest days.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Hitchcock just confirmed that Larsson took a puck off the foot last game and “We think he’s gonna skate tomorrow.”

He also said that Russell won’t be back until after the Christmas break.

Our blue line is dropping like flies .

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hitchcock just confirmed that Larsson took a puck off the foot last game and “We think he’s gonna skate tomorrow.”

He also said that Russell won’t be back until after the Christmas break.

Our blue line is dropping like flies .

We kinda knew that Russell wasn't back until after xmas break though. There is only 5 more games between now and January 5th. It might make sense to expect him back around then.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Russell should be back for the 27th game.

Klef is gonna have to suck it up and be back right after New Years IMO.

Jan 2nd is 3 weeks + 1 day from his injury, I think he should be ready for that game or the Jan 5th game against LA.

They're going to have to likely numb the pinky and fit his glove with extra padding, but we don't have the luxury of waiting.

The one decent thing I guess is that we basically only have 1 game in 8 days here (unfortunately its the best team in the league coming into town) so at least it didn't happen during a busier stretch.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Yeah, Klef can suck it up, we'll just tell the refs and the opposing teams that he has a broken finger and to only slash the other hand............Sorry, he's out until it heals.
Just be thankful it's not his thumb, I injured mine ages 2 months ago and still can't bend it without pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad