Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
According to some top 50 -ranking for dmen posted in the prospects board, we have three prospects good enough to fit that list (Fabbro, Girard, Carrier).

It is pretty awesome considering that 14 months ago we considered that there were nothing coming up in the pipeline in regards of future NHL defensemen.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
According to some top 50 -ranking for dmen posted in the prospects board, we have three prospects good enough to fit that list (Fabbro, Girard, Carrier).

It is pretty awesome considering that 14 months ago we considered that there were nothing coming up in the pipeline in regards of future NHL defensemen.

Fairly sure that we'll find Farrance in there soon too.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Wonder when Preds will release the Rookie tournament roster since Tampa and Florida have already released theirs.

Last edited:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Huh. Was looking forward to seeing who we invited but don't really recognize anyone except Kelleher.

Thomas Willis said on Twitter that the current plan is to stream the Rookie tournament as well as home pre-season games which is nice.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
very few forward prospects coming to rookie camp.

yup, but not much you can do when most of them play NCAA or European leagues.

will be nice to see Koltygin and Paquette in action and see what they can do though.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I see where Oligny is invited to camp. Didn't he play pretty well for the Ads? Any thoughts as to whether he's good enough for a contract for the Preds? Or do we have too many blue chip D prospects coming soon?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I see where Oligny is invited to camp. Didn't he play pretty well for the Ads? Any thoughts as to whether he's good enough for a contract for the Preds? Or do we have too many blue chip D prospects coming soon?

Personally, I think he gets squeezed by the number of Preds prospects and doesn't see much playing time with the Ads. I really hope that's not the case, but there's a lot stacked up against him.

Unless of course, we can trade Granburg and his 1-way contract, but I don't see anyone taking that.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Season start dates for leagues with Preds prospects in them:

MHL, Sep. 4 (?) (Volkov)
Extraliga, Sep. 8 (Vejmelka)
SuperElit, Sep. 16 (Häman-Aktell)
SHL, Sep. 16 (Ejdsell)
QMJHL, Sep. 21 (Girard, Koltygin)
OHL, Sep. 21 (Paquette)
NCAA, Oct. 1 (Mismash, Farrance, Fabbro, Harper, Novak, Pitlick, Smith)
USHL, Oct. 6 (Vomacka)

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Here's the problem. People should be saying; 'our defenseman pipeline sucks...right now!' Development and time solves all problems

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Rookie tournament may have to be cancelled cause of Hurricane Irma. Plan was to have it in Estero, Florida.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
weren't there actually not going to be very many true Preds prospects playing?

Paquette, Koltygin, Pettersson, Trenin, Moy, Richard, Allard, Carrier, Dougherty and Lyytinen were the only ones supposed to attend that are drafted by Preds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad