In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornedfrog

Jun 30, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
I hope we call up Watson soon. I think he could help our bottom lines pick up the pace scoring-wise. I am new to the boards and haven't been following our guys in the system much, just want to know if there is some obvious reason why he hasn't been called up given our production from our bottom lines.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I hope we call up Watson soon. I think he could help our bottom lines pick up the pace scoring-wise. I am new to the boards and haven't been following our guys in the system much, just want to know if there is some obvious reason why he hasn't been called up given our production from our bottom lines.
We're already scratching Bourque, right now, we just don't have room.

Although, I think he would be better than Nystrom for sure.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
True, maybe scratching Ollie, Nystrom or Jarnkrok for Watson would be worth a try.

Jarnkrok is not getting scratched for Watson the way he/his line has been playing since he's been hooked up with Smith. Also Fisher appears to be on the cusp of returning and once that happens we will be at a full roster which means Bourque or someone else will have to be waived and sent down just for Watson to come up.

So I do not see it happening right now. And BTW I would love to somehow get Jokinen/Nystrom out of the lineup, it's just not possible. Should injuries arise, Watson will get his turn.

hornedfrog

Jun 30, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Jarnkrok is not getting scratched for Watson the way he/his line has been playing since he's been hooked up with Smith. Also Fisher appears to be on the cusp of returning and once that happens we will be at a full roster which means Bourque or someone else will have to be waived and sent down just for Watson to come up.

So I do not see it happening right now. And BTW I would love to somehow get Jokinen/Nystrom out of the lineup, it's just not possible. Should injuries arise, Watson will get his turn.

I agree Jarns has been playing better but if his scoring doesn't improve in a few weeks I can see a change being made. But you're right, he has been playing well with Smith. Even though Ollie has been playing okay considering his numbers, I could see him getting scratched and waived/traded if he doesn't produce soon.

I'm actually okay with Nystrom, I don't like him on the PK but he seems to come through with some big plays every now and then.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
True, maybe scratching Ollie, Nystrom or Jarnkrok for Watson would be worth a try.

Jarnkrok is starting to click with Smith and Wilson.

Watson only gets called up if there are injuries or Bourque gets traded

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Hello Preds Peeps! Blues guy here in peace.

I am a huge fan of the Chicago Wolves and also the Milwakee Admirals.

Do you guys have any hope for Bitetto?

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I would call him a longshot at this point, at least as far as becoming a Pred, since we are only likely to have one permanent spot in the D coming open in the next couple of years, and Bitetto is 24, and Diaby is th heir apparent to that spot anyway...

with the numbers he's putting up this year I would hope he might catch some other GM's eye and we could include him in a trade package, which would be a win-win(well, except for the Ads who Im sure would miss him)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

We all have a crosses to bear in life!:naughty:

I have hope that Bitetto will play in the NHL. He can score, defend, QB the PP and fight. I could see him replacing Ellis or another D-man if an injury occurs.

Clune was the #1 star of the game last night. He scored the game winning goal and then was attacked by Petteri of the Wolves shortly afterward. Petteri got a triple helping of fist.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I would call him a longshot at this point, at least as far as becoming a Pred, since we are only likely to have one permanent spot in the D coming open in the next couple of years, and Bitetto is 24, and Diaby is th heir apparent to that spot anyway...

with the numbers he's putting up this year I would hope he might catch some other GM's eye and we could include him in a trade package, which would be a win-win(well, except for the Ads who Im sure would miss him)

Hey Preds, how are ya? Been watching Bitetto for a few seasons now and like him a lot. As you all know quite well, defensemen can take some time to develop. I'd love to see Bitetto hook on with a team like the Sabres. This is Bitetto's contract year, so hopefully he will garner some interest from other GMs. This is a big year for him, although I'm not sure how you could package him. For what? You're set on D for a couple years and you have forward prospects out the wazoo. NSH could end up with a high 3rd-round pick if they make a deal with the Sabres. Bitetto is worth that, but maybe not much more. His value just isn't that high yet.

We all have a crosses to bear in life!:naughty:

I have hope that Bitetto will play in the NHL. He can score, defend, QB the PP and fight. I could see him replacing Ellis or another D-man if an injury occurs.

Clune was the #1 star of the game last night. He scored the game winning goal and then was attacked by Petteri of the Wolves shortly afterward. Petteri got a triple helping of fist.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Nyuck! Nyuck!

Ads looked great last night! Active in all three areas. Wolves have very poor puck support and do not help each other enough. Clune threw more punches, but Lindbohm change to his left and got in a single upper cut. Otherwise, this game was all Admirals.

I've been a huge fan of Watson, Sissons and Salomaki for a couple seasons now. Also, Leipsic and Liambas looked solid last night.

By the way, the Wolves and the Milwaukee Admirals have the best logos in the AHL!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hey CB, its always interesting to see people from the politics board in other forums...sometimes over there we forget we are all hockey fans...
as far as "packaging" Bitetto I was just generalizing, but if Poile decides he doesn't have a future here I could see him being part of a package for a rental player at the deadline... thats the sort of deal you see guys like this included in... and Buffalo or some other obvious seller would be the logical destination

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Yeah, it's nice to put all of that aside and just be hockey fans together. Besides being human, at least we have a common denominator. :)

Pretty sure the Wolves and Ads play 9 or 10 more times this season. If last night's game was any indication, then this should be a fierce season series. Good luck the rest of the season!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Can we get a depth chart of the Ads?

Yesterday's lines were

Leipsic - Sissons - Aberg
Arvidsson - Van Guilder - Watson
Salomaki - Girard - Grant
Liambas - Pendenza - Clune

Diaby - Piskula
Bitetto - Aronson
Alm - Noonan

That's been typical from what I've noticed lately. Doubt that the leading scorer from the previous year has ever been on the 3rd line the following year, which shows how much young offense they've gotten this year.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Hoping for good game tonight(McDavid)! Warmed up with a game in shl, and was impressed with your 6 th rounder from 2012 http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=27258 1+1 in the game who just finished and 6+8 in 24 gp.

Big winger with good wheels going to the net! Seems you have something going on in Smashville with a couple other offensive prospects and of course FF and soon ironhook.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Yesterday's lines were

Leipsic - Sissons - Aberg
Arvidsson - Van Guilder - Watson
Salomaki - Girard - Grant
Liambas - Pendenza - Clune

Diaby - Piskula
Bitetto - Aronson
Alm - Noonan

That's been typical from what I've noticed lately. Doubt that the leading scorer from the previous year has ever been on the 3rd line the following year, which shows how much young offense they've gotten this year.

The lines are correct. I have seen Bitetto with Piskula and Aronson playing with Oligny in some games. I saw Diaby with Alm in the second period, I don't know why. They are two seriously big D-men! Piskula, Bitetto and Alm have played all 17 games.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Whats up with salomäki? Third line? How is he playing?

The Admirals have a lot of offense. Salomaki scored a goal last night and was +3.
He draws a lot of attention and dishes out some heavy hits on people. He skates fast and is a good forechecker as well as an offensive weapon with 4 goals.

Watson has 8 goals, Arvidsson has 6 goals. Pontus Aberg has 6 goals in 14 games and looks like Pavel Bure at times. The Admirals played Pendenza between Liambas and Clune last night. You could make a case that they are the 4th line, but Clune scored the game winner and Liambas had a 2 goal game recently. Coach Dean Evason rolls 4 lines, I don't see him making the bench shorter in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad