In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Don't trust the ads website for ads news. Got it!

BTW the ads round table's twitter was all silent on this transaction at the time of my post, I haven't checked it since.

I wouldn't phrase it that way. The Ads website doesn't have the most timely info.
I look at the Admirals website once in while. You will find out more info about game day promotions etcetera than player transactions.

Focusing on the twitter feed at off times isn't the best thing to do. While I don't generally look at twitter, you can see it in a box at the right side of the Roundtable website during games in their version of game day coverage. It is very active during those times, telling you real time things like player X had a big hit on player Y, or so and so skated through 3 defenders to score.

The Admirals Roundtable had a story about the move at least 27 hours ago. Those guys will be posting a story as late as 11 PM on game nights.

One fan posted that it may be a move to get Diaby some playing time, since he has played in about 1/2 of the games so far.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I wouldn't phrase it that way. The Ads website doesn't have the most timely info.
I look at the Admirals website once in while. You will find out more info about game day promotions etcetera than player transactions.

Focusing on the twitter feed at off times isn't the best thing to do. While I don't generally look at twitter, you can see it in a box at the right side of the Roundtable website during games in their version of game day coverage. It is very active during those times, telling you real time things like player X had a big hit on player Y, or so and so skated through 3 defenders to score.

The Admirals Roundtable had a story about the move at least 27 hours ago. Those guys will be posting a story as late as 11 PM on game nights.

One fan posted that it may be a move to get Diaby some playing time, since he has played in about 1/2 of the games so far.

thats still disturbing, if he can't crack the top 6 in Milwaukee.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
thats still disturbing, if he can't crack the top 6 in Milwaukee.

Garrett Noonan brought some experience with 4 years at BU, one of the top college programs in the US. Jimmy Oligny was an unknown to me. He has alternated with Diaby in playing 1/2 the games. I think they are the 2 youngest D-men on the team.

Piskula is the team captain, Bitetto played all season in Milwaukee last year, Aronson had significant Milwaukee playing time during the last two seasons, about 25 games total, and is improved this season. Alm is a big body, like Diaby.

This Admirals defense corps is a step above last year's in speed. Diaby's youth (20) is working against him. The 5 guys are older and have more experience IMO. Oligny is in the same boat.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
One player who doesn't get enough love here is Jimmy Vesey. He's got 8g and 6a in 10 games for #9 ranked Harvard this season. Also won conference player of the month, if i recall correctly. Played some big minutes for the U.S. at the World Juniors two years ago

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
One player who doesn't get enough love here is Jimmy Vesey. He's got 8g and 6a in 10 games for #9 ranked Harvard this season. Also won conference player of the month, if i recall correctly. Played some big minutes for the U.S. at the World Juniors two years ago

Yeah another solid prospect, doesn't hurt to have too many.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I caught a Colorado College vs Wisconsin game the other day to catch Kivihalme and Dougherty play. Unfortunately, Dougherty was scratched for whatever reason and Kivihalme didn't play that much (even though he leads CC dmen in points). Both these teams are pretty poor relative to their conference so their freshman years may be bit underwhelming.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Janne Juvonen has been very good lately. He has played in 18 games and he have just 4 wins, but Pelicans team is very bad (13th in the FEL). His save% is almost 92. (91,95%). He saves about 30 shots in every game.

Lyytinen scored yesterday and he now has 9 points (5+4) in 29 games.

Saros was bad yesterday and he let two easy goals. But overall he has been good.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Janne Juvonen has been very good lately. He has played in 18 games and he have just 4 wins, but Pelicans team is very bad (13th in the FEL). His save% is almost 92. (91,95%). He saves about 30 shots in every game.

Lyytinen scored yesterday and he now has 9 points (5+4) in 29 games.

Saros was bad yesterday and he let two easy goals. But overall he has been good.

Thank you. Overall...how has Saros been? I've heard he's regressed slightly. I have really high hopes for him. They may be too high.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Thank you. Overall...how has Saros been? I've heard he's regressed slightly. I have really high hopes for him. They may be too high.
He has been good. Number one goalie for his team and it's not close. But yeah, maybe not as spectacular as he was last year. I haven't watch a lot of HPK games, but he has a bit over 92 save percentage (11th). He has played in 23 games and he has had maybe 4-5 bad games.

We'll see more in the WJC.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals didn't play well tonight. Diaby and Oligny turned the puck over and didn't look good. Youthful inexperience showed. Piskula, Bitetto, Aronson and Noonan in order of best to worst of the better D-men tonight.

The Admirals didn't get many pucks on net and little traffic. The PP was terrible. Too much individual effort and not enough team play on offense. Grant threw some heavy checks, including one guy into the Admirals bench.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals didn't play well tonight. Diaby and Oligny turned the puck over and didn't look good. Youthful inexperience showed. Piskula, Bitetto, Aronson and Noonan in order of best to worst of the better D-men tonight.

The Admirals didn't get many pucks on net and little traffic. The PP was terrible. Too much individual effort and not enough team play on offense. Grant threw some heavy checks, including one guy into the Admirals bench.

I need to take a break from the team right now. They are playing terribly.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Theyre having trouble scoring over a goal a game. Unacceptable.

They don't get the puck deeply into the O-zone. The passing is poor and they don't cycle the puck. All of those are the opposite of what I saw at the beginning of the season. Guys stand on a face off dot, get a pass, look at the net and then pass back to the blue line. On Wednesday night, the few fans present were screaming to shoot the puck for half of the game. Four SOG in period 1, six in period two. You need about 10 SOG a period to win. That is enough to score three goals a game. When you have 20 SOG a game, you have to expect 2 goals or less.

Hey Preds fans; Milwaukee has won 1 of the last 10 games. The last 5 were all at home. Either the players don't listen to Evason anymore or he isn't coaching them properly. Either way, I think he has to go in order to right the ship and save the season. After a record breaking start, the Admirals would now be out of the playoffs. That is unbelievable!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
does anyone have a list of preds prospects who will be in the world juniors? Is Saros playing for Finland or is he too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad