In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Anyone know why Kamenev isn't on the Subway Super Series roster? Was looking forward to watching him.

Edit: Turns out he played with the national team which I believe makes him ineligible for this tournament. Or something along those lines.

Last edited:

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Its probably bad that I initially read BFC's post as being glad that stalbergs season might have been ended instead of glad about the suspension.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
2014 3rd round pick Justin Kirkland is off to a great start for the Kelowna Rockets -- 8 goals and 11 assists in 19 games. PPG isn't easy to pull off in the WHL.

The kid looked good in camp. He was sniping shots all day on the goalies picking corners on them. I think during one drill I counted him scoring on 5 turns in a row. Hopefully he keeps it up!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Frustrating night. Pucks just barely out of reach. Linesmen not calling obvious offsides. Weak penalties. Getting called for an icing when the Iowa player is the one who threw the puck back towards his defender.

Mazanec was not good. Two of those goals can't go in. A little wrister from the blue line 30 seconds into the game and another that should have easily been closed off but went right between his pads. Third was bad rebound control as well.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
Honestly think he could be Marchand. Small but a pest with skill. Thought he was just a sniper but he can pass as well.

Like I said before, this is the most offensive talent I ever remember the Admirals having of players that are actually prospects.

Aberg, Leipsic, Salomaki, Sissons, Watson. All legitimate prospects with top 6 upside.

And Arvidsson? What do you think about his adjustment to NA? Will his size hold him back at the next level?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee was able to defeat the division leading Rockford IceHogs on the road. It was former Admiral goaltender Scott Darling's first game against Milwaukee and his first defeat this season. It was Rockford's first loss in nine games. Goaltender Magnus Hellberg had his fourth victory of the season in his fourth start for Milwaukee. Miikka Salomaki scored two PP goals and defenseman Taylor Aronson scored his first AHL goal and had three assists for the Admirals. Arvidsson scored the last Milwaukee goal on an empty netter.

Rockford is now 10-3-0-1 and remains in first place with 21 points and Milwaukee is 9-3-0-0 in third place with 18 points in the Midwest Division.

The teams play tonight in Milwaukee in a key game between the divisional rivals.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Another great game by Hellberg. They can't keep him as the backup or even 50/50 guy. I'd understand Mazanec starting if we had a 30 year old career minor leaguer but it's two prospects in goal and frankly, Hellberg is playing far better than Mazanec. He needs to be starting the majority of games.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Hellberg improves to 5-0. He was great again tonight. Aberg missed a wide open net when the puck was stolen from behind the net and centered right in front of it.

The PH Factor

Mar 18, 2013
Washington, DC
Made a visit to see our friends to the North (Admirals) last night. First half of the game (period 1 and half of period 2) were rough with the IceHogs outshooting by double. Ads turned it around and had a great 3rd with Piskula on the GWG. Fun family atmosphere up here and saw a more than average sprinkling of Preds support. Oh, and Hellberg did look back on form with is great.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Couple interesting tidbits about 15 games into the season.

Iowa has played 15 games and is only 4-11. Half of their wins have come against the Admirals.

Rockford is 11-4-1. They are 0-3 against the Admirals.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Just checked Milwaukee's stats and I see Arvidsson has 11 points in 13 games. Big fan of his from what I've read, but haven't gotten to watch him. Any scouting reports? Does he look like he could be an NHLer next year/some day?

Leipsic also lighting it up (11 points). Good to see.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Just checked Milwaukee's stats and I see Arvidsson has 11 points in 13 games. Big fan of his from what I've read, but haven't gotten to watch him. Any scouting reports? Does he look like he could be an NHLer next year/some day?

Leipsic also lighting it up (11 points). Good to see.

The difference, Arvidsson has 5 goals, Leipsic has none. Arvidsson is kind of a quiet scorer. I don't know if that is good or bad for his career. Viktor is tied with Watson in leading the team in goals scored.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads beat Chicago 3-2 in OT on a Pontus Aberg goal assisted by Alm & Hellberg.

Watson opened the scoring on a curl in front of the goal from Van Guilder.

Arvidsson had a PP goal from the faceoff dot and a big hit in the first period.

Leipsic had assists on the first two Milwaukee goals.

Aronson had several big hits. One provoked a response from LW Yannick Veilleux. He assisted on Arvidsson's goal.

1st Star Aberg
2nd Star Hellberg
3rd Star Arvidsson

Chicago goalie Matt Climie had 19 saves to keep the Wolves in the game.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Is it just me or does Arvidsson look like a smaller version of Forsberg when he lines up the one timer from the faceoff circle on the PP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad