IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT HFBOARDS - Please read!

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Has anyone noticed some malicious redirects since the forum migration to the new provider?
This happens on Mobile (Android) and often times when I navigate to the Habs forum I get re-directed to a malicious page trying to download a spam app from the Play store. Often see this behaviour on certain streaming websites but wouldn't expect to see it here.

Same for me.

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
I've been getting horrible redirects on stock android 8.0 , chrome broe wser. Tested on Iphone as well at work. The mobile site is plagued with terrible Online redirects to software claiming my phone is hacked and to install some malware from theplay store. not cool. I also realize I ought change my profile photo aha.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Looks good with the grey text box and red trim and the blue quote bar. One thing I noticed, when you click on the blue dot to go to first unread post, it opens about 5 lines too low. Minor glitch. Still hoping for the ignore thread option.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Any way to reduce spacing of posts by hiding most of poster info?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I can't access the site from work since the migration...

Does your work have any content filtering software(as in certain websites blocked for policy and protection reasons)? It's possible the new domain is listed as suspicious for some reason, what message do you see after the website tries to load?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can we have tweets appear in full rather than the current partial image, when we are quoting them here?

Also, having to click on the tweet and getting a redirect to another tab probably causes most posters not to bother, which completely negates the idea of including a tweet in a post, to begin with.

Maybe have the tweet appear in a smaller format might do the trick and create less clutter but at least it could be immediately visible, which is key IMHO.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mods, a quick suggestion please. Would you mind pinning this thread as we are discovering new issues with the new format and need to be able to find this thread quickly. Just so that we get through this initial experimental phase. There are things that keep getting brought up in other threads, maybe it'll make it easier for them to end up here. Thanks in advance.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I've noticed that the embedding of tweets is kind of messed up right now. The tweets will be cut off when they are posted. Just wondering if there is a new/different method one should be using instead of inserting the URL between [tweet][/tweet]?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There goes my suggestion about pinning the thread. :laugh:

I'm experiencing a lot of lag navigating the site, especially scrolling down pages. Also, while I'm writing a post, I suddenly experience long delays in rendering my typing into print, it's frustrating. Why is the site so slow? And no, it's not my computer, it's working fine elsewhere and was great with the previous version of this site. Is it because you're still conducting updates? It's really frustrating, everything is difficult to get to, not a pleasant posting experience. Help.

Reactions: llamateizer

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The pinned threads is the most annoying thing right now for me. Takes up half the page. Should be able to minimize this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The continuous lag is truly annoying. It makes navigating the site extremely unpleasant. I've noticed it's especially prevalent while you're writing a post and the site notifies you that there are new posts and asks you whether you want to see them. When the notification comes in, the dialogue box from the post you're writing is either frozen or you find yourself typing at an extremely slow pace, which often leads to the site not responding.

Maybe the solution might be not to have your notification about new posts come on while someone is writing a post but only have it come on while someone is simply navigating.

And if this doesn't work, how about doing away with the new posts notice altogether? On the old forum, we didn't need to be notified that there were new posts, we found them anyway simply by going to a new thread or doing an easy and immediate screen refresh. It had the advantage of not slowing down navigation.

Can anything be done about this? It's a huge irritant.

Last edited:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Last edited:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Maybe the solution might be not to have your notification about new posts come on while someone is writing a post but only have it come on while someone is simply navigating.

And if this doesn't work, how about doing away with the new posts notice altogether? On the old forum, we didn't need to be notified that there were new posts, we found them anyway simply by going to a new thread or doing an easy and immediate screen refresh. It had the advantage of not slowing down navigation.

Can anything be done about this? It's a huge irritant.

You can customize notifications in your profile.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
The pinned threads is the most annoying thing right now for me. Takes up half the page. Should be able to minimize this.

That is related to the issues I have with poster profiles taking waaaay too much real estate than they should. Gotta scroll and scroll as comments are typically short but the profile makes them almost half screen long.

Is everyone working out of 4K screen to justify this spacing?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Just wanted to reiterate that I believe it's a bad idea for Mods to be anonymous when they make edits to posts.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Something screwed up tonight during the game. Refresh doesn't work as it should. Won't go to first unread post, just refreshes to top of page. Same problem I had with the old site. Finicky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad