IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT HFBOARDS - Please read!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The website is indeed as slow as ever for me on Chrome. Sluggish, laggy, unresponsive...

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Looks like your post is private. Can you share response?

Sure thing.

Buffaloed simply posted this link;

http://www.craveonline.com/privacy#collect

However I don't think he is aware at the amount of data traffic I'm talking about here...(my fault because posting a new thread in support was VERY buggy for me so I kept it really short and wasn't descriptive)

I have replied with a more detailed version of what I'm seeing. Hopefully he looks into this a little further.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Sure thing.

However I don't think he is aware at the amount of data traffic I'm talking about here...(my fault because posting a new thread in support was VERY buggy for me so I kept it really short and wasn't descriptive)

I have replied with a more detailed version of what I'm seeing. Hopefully he looks into this a little further.
Incredibly invasive. I am being forced to become a ludite because of the internet and no net neutrality.

Also my blackberry nearly dies when I try to type a post here with it. And palemoon is slugish at the best of time because no one is optimised for it on my PC. Going to a Linux distro next time around. Mint looked decent 2 years ago. May try it again. I don't game half as much as I use to,

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I used chrome and constantly got error messages when trying to open the forums, switched to Opera and things were fine for a couple days and now it too gives an error message when I try to open the site.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Sure thing.

Thanks, I did a bit of traffic analysis and there is a significant amount of ad related stuff being sent back with each HTTP GET request. Will dig into this a bit more tomorrow.

Reactions: BVG

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Thanks, I did a bit of traffic analysis and there is a significant amount of ad related stuff being sent back with each HTTP GET request. Will dig into this a bit more tomorrow.

I didn't read the terms of use here. Maybe the answer is in there...?

void

Jan 5, 2006
Some of these are invasive as hell. What the f***?

Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with the Site:
When you visit and interact with the Site, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
  • your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
  • your browser type and operating system;
  • the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
  • activities within community discussions;
  • web pages and advertisements that you view, and links that you click on, within the Site;
  • your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
  • aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
  • standard server log information; and
  • information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. For more information, please see our discussion of cookies and other tracking technologies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Some of these are invasive as hell. What the ****?

-Blood type
-Social Security Number
-Name of first born child...

I'm not a fan of data mining. Unfortunately that's the price we pay for free membership here...

With that said, I'd become an HF sponsor if it meant allowing me to pick what (if any) online data is being collected from me.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
UPDATE:

So after detailing my issues, Buff responded again;

If you're using chrome and use an adblocker, it's generating thousands of proxy links to defeat the adblocker.

So I ran a test and he's both right and he's wrong.

- I am using chrome
- I do have adblocker installed

As per his suggestion, I disabled adblocker. And watched my bandwidth tracker. After an initial site load, it will spike to 1.2 upload rate (my connection max) but it will taper off and idle nicely. Unfortunatly this happens though anytime you leave to a new page on these boards.

I then decided to check this behaivour to that of another site that runs a very simular ad set up that I frequent;

Sherdog.com (yes I'm an MMA fan as well)

And the performance is roughly the same. So I guess this is par for the course.

Disable adblocker and traffic goes to something less frusturating.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yup, too many scripts running here it even makes typing slower than shit. I had to run adblocker to see if that helped, and it did a little bit, but 4 huge ads is really chugging down memory etc. For chrome, anyways

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
If I leave Chrome opened on hf for a while, memory usage creeps all the way up to 2.5GB. It's ridiculous.

I kinda feel bad for saying this but this is the worst "upgrade" I've ever seen on a forum, ever. It basically made absolutely everything worse. Nothing is better. Not for the user anyway ...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The font change has made the posts less legible for me, regardless of the screen brightness. Seems to be a combination of too narrow a font, with a not-100% black font color. Please rethink those changes.

Reactions: TRG

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Some thread (like the Prospect Thread and the Cale Fleury Thread) are having problems.
When there is a Twitter posted, we can not read any post following or get to the end of page.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad