IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT HFBOARDS - Please read!

NameInUse

Sep 27, 2017
What was your previous username? Email [email protected]
All-Star..., Buffaloed also told me about the email address. At this point though, it's no longer a big deal. This account works just fine, and it's what I have cached. It's not like I posted a ton anyway, so I'm fairly incognito either way. Thanks anyway!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Since this change, I have not been able to log in under my old username. It wont recognize my password. (I'm Hackett)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Ok I give up. How do I get to my list of recent posts?

Thanks for an anticipated answer.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Skin options please. This is a little harsh on the eyes. It's the view a patient in the OR room gets before going unconscious.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
An option to hide avatars would be nice.

Both in threads and when browsing forums. These pics aside thread titles is one huge waste of space.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I don't necessarily mind the setup, I just dislike the look. I'm assuming there are some settings I can tweak on my own end to make it look nicer though just haven't had time to check.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Is there anyway I can change the background colors? Its so white it hurt my eyes.
Not sure I like the new website update

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I already asked this but no one was kind enough to answer when I type on my PC the cursor sometimes jumps on himself to an undesirable position. Is this on my end or someone else encounters the same issues?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can someone check the Search function? It doesn't appear to work.

Yesterday, I searched for "Music" to find the music thread and it said there were no results. And yes, I properly checked off the boxes saying I wanted the search to be conducted on this forum and shown as threads only. I ended up having to scroll through several pages in order to zero in on the thread.

Today, I tried to locate a post from last week that contained the word "Facebook" and tried again with the words "Facebook group". Again, it produced a "no results" outcome.

If we're going to avoid redundancy and a waste of time, a working Search function is critical.

Can please someone conduct a check of the Search function otherwise in its current state, it's useless.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Has anyone noticed some malicious redirects since the forum migration to the new provider?
This happens on Mobile (Android) and often times when I navigate to the Habs forum I get re-directed to a malicious page trying to download a spam app from the Play store. Often see this behaviour on certain streaming websites but wouldn't expect to see it here.

Reactions: llamateizer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Can someone check the Search function? It doesn't appear to work.

Yesterday, I searched for "Music" to find the music thread and it said there were no results. And yes, I properly checked off the boxes saying I wanted the search to be conducted on this forum and shown as threads only. I ended up having to scroll through several pages in order to zero in on the thread.

Today, I tried to locate a post from last week that contained the word "Facebook" and tried again with the words "Facebook group". Again, it produced a "no results" outcome.

If we're going to avoid redundancy and a waste of time, a working Search function is critical.

Can please someone conduct a check of the Search function otherwise in its current state, it's useless.

We are acutely aware of the problems with search and they are working on it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We are acutely aware of the problems with search and they are working on it.

Thanks for the quick follow-up. Wasn't aware that it had already been brought to your attention.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Skin options please. This is a little harsh on the eyes. It's the view a patient in the OR room gets before going unconscious.

I use Mozilla Firefox and I downloaded an add on (dark background and light text). I'm liking it so far but it's different. At least I don't need sunglasses to be on HF boards though. That would just make me too cool in the office

Boulette Canon

Aug 16, 2006
Montserrat webfont has got to go. Way to wide with wonky terminals to be used as body text, especially in a complex and busy UI such as an online forum. I permantly disabled webfonts for HFboards and its way easier to read.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Has anyone noticed some malicious redirects since the forum migration to the new provider?
This happens on Mobile (Android) and often times when I navigate to the Habs forum I get re-directed to a malicious page trying to download a spam app from the Play store. Often see this behaviour on certain streaming websites but wouldn't expect to see it here.
Montserrat webfont has got to go. Way to wide with wonky terminals to be used as body text, especially in a complex and busy UI such as an online forum. I permantly disabled webfonts for HFboards and its way easier to read.

On the list

Reactions: Boulette Canon

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
I had some problems logging in as my old email didn't exist anymore. I sent an email to support and took care of it. Good job!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad