IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT HFBOARDS - Please read!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Something screwed up tonight during the game. Refresh doesn't work as it should. Won't go to first unread post, just refreshes to top of page. Same problem I had with the old site. Finicky.

Make sure it finishes loading entirely before you try to scroll. I'm having that issue also.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
An option to hide avatars would be nice.

Both in threads and when browsing forums. These pics aside thread titles is one huge waste of space.

My HF tab in chrome manager shows 600 to 800MB of RAM usage. Is there a way to display the mobile version of the site without spoofing my user agent? Mobile version appears more condensed and less of a strain on resources.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
My HF tab in chrome manager shows 600 to 800MB of RAM usage. Is there a way to display the mobile version of the site without spoofing my user agent? Mobile version appears more condensed and less of a strain on resources.
Without the huge banners of ads

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Is there a way to hide sections on the main page we don't care about? On the old site we were able to customize which sections (e.g. Fantasy talk) we wanted to show up on the main page but collapsing the sections doesn't cut it. Collapsed sections keep coming back and it's annoying.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Is there a way to hide sections on the main page we don't care about? On the old site we were able to customize which sections (e.g. Fantasy talk) we wanted to show up on the main page but collapsing the sections doesn't cut it. Collapsed sections keep coming back and it's annoying.

There is the Watched Forums where you can select only forums you are interested in to be displayed.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Is it just me that gets lag, for a lack of better words, especially when I'm trying to post?

I get that they wanted to modernize the whole thing, but God damn is this thing unresponsive and sluggish for me. Between an outdated website that works flawlessly and an updated version that's annoying as f***, I would has sticked with the first one.

And I never got an answer; is there going to be an option to hide avatars, both in threads and while browsing forums? It's yet another thing that adds delays every time you load a page. The option to toggle it on or off would be appreciated.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Is it just me that gets lag, for a lack of better words, especially when I'm trying to post?

I get that they wanted to modernize the whole thing, but God damn is this thing unresponsive and sluggish for me. Between an outdated website that works flawlessly and an updated version that's annoying as ****, I would has sticked with the first one.

And I never got an answer; is there going to be an option to hide avatars, both in threads and while browsing forums? It's yet another thing that adds delays every time you load a page. The option to toggle it on or off would be appreciated.

Only happens to me when i'm posting a novella sized post on here. It's pretty frustrating.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

I get that they wanted to modernize the whole thing, but God damn is this thing unresponsive and sluggish for me. Between an outdated website that works flawlessly and an updated version that's annoying as ****, I would has sticked with the first one.

Yes major lag for me as well. Using Chrome and seeing +500mb RAM usage on a single HF tab...something is wrong. I hope this is also not due to an extension. I actually have a good PC with plenty of RAM and CPU power.

Mobile version is much more responsive.

[update]Just tried in Incognito mode on PC to bypass extensions. Much better results with less than half of RAM in a tab.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Site was acting up for me also using Chrome, since I switched to Opera, it runs smoothly.

Are you running extensions on Chrome? I like many of the new features but the lag is a killer.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Are you running extensions on Chrome? I like many of the new features but the lag is a killer.
The only extentions I had on Chrome were u-block and weather. Opera has a built-in ad-blocker, no need for add-ons. I still have weather and that's all. I won't go back to Chrome now.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I really like not seeing posts even when they're quoted from members on my ignore list but was wondering if members on my ignore list still see my posts? I figure they still do so if I don't reply to anyone quoting me or like your post when quoting me you know why. :)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Is anyone else having a problem viewing Twitter videos? I guess all tweets and videos in general I suppose lol... not sure if this is a problem I can easily fix, or if it's something that other people are experiencing too. I'm guessing if others are, they're probably already working on it!

Edit: Also, is there a way to get a mobile view like last time? I guess the new format is more mobile friendly, but I wish there were still two options. I liked using mobile on my laptop.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Website is slow as hell on Chrome. Sounds like a bunch of stuff runs in the background for a while and then you can start writing a post.

I miss the good old times when software developers were aware that things like memory, CPU and bandwidth are limited ressources. :banghead:

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Horrible, horrible lag.

The forum keeps logging me out and back in. Whenever I make a post, it stops me from writing (to load more ads, evidently), etc.

Jeez...

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I'm going to post this here as well to draw attention to this.

This site is a bandwidth HOG.

It both downloads at 5/600kb/s and UPLOADS at a rate of 1.2 MB/s...

I've downloaded a bandwidth tracker that monitors bandwidth and with everything off and it reading zero...if I open just 1 tab of these boards...that's what I'm seeing.

This is really disturbing stuff as apparently it's uploading data off my machine?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm going to post this here as well to draw attention to this.

This site is a bandwidth HOG.

It both downloads at 5/600kb/s and UPLOADS at a rate of 1.2 MB/s...

I've downloaded a bandwidth tracker that monitors bandwidth and with everything off and it reading zero...if I open just 1 tab of these boards...that's what I'm seeing.

This is really disturbing stuff as apparently it's uploading data off my machine?
@Buffaloed - Please read this post. I'm not the only one with lots of huge problems on this website (as mentioned in the Support forum). It is very unusual, and a little disturbing to read. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: BVG

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad