News Article: Ilya Kovalchuk Reportedly Wants To Join The Rangers

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Sather is banging on Gorton's door right now begging Gorton to let him in.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Glen Sather when he read Kovalchuk wants to join the Rangers:

grinning.gif

Or this...

giphy.gif

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Our PP being an absolute joke is what scares me about the possibility of us overpaying to acquire him.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
I remember the same things being said about kesler. How many of you, would not love to have him on the Rangers team now?

Not saying kovalchuk would do the same, but the same arguments where said by 99% here about Kesler and he is a beast.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Devils would be better off tanking for a few years, so let's give them a piece to help: Staal+ for Kovalchuk

I think some of you guys are being too harsh in this thread, I'd love Kovy on the team for the right price. Just for the entertainment value alone, he's a fun player to watch.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I say this respectfully and as a fan and amateur historian of the team...I don't get the allure.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Ain't gonna happen but I'd totally take him if it were possible to work out a decent trade with a team not named The Devils. If the salary were decent. I know he's older but this guy can run it. We should be moving Nash and a few others, fixing our D, and looking for some other talent. This would be a fun trial move.

Anyway, it won't happen for obvious reasons. He'll probably end up in Montreal or something, unless hes specifically stated he doesn't want to like so many others.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
If a guy like Kessel could step up to lead with his play on a cup-winning and contending team, I see why'd the Rangers would want Kovalchuk for the right price.

Defense is definitely the need to address.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad