News Article: Ilya Kovalchuk Reportedly Wants To Join The Rangers

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Rick Nash stopgap?

Devils will have to eat it and trade him wherever he wants, otherwise they risk losing an asset for nothing if he in fact doesn't want to play for them...

Rangers cap doesn't look good though

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Rick Nash & Marc Staal for the rights to Ilya Kovalchuk.

Staal waives, he can still live in NYC (Dolan doesn't have to buy his house, that's great!) and we sign Kovalchuk.

;)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
even if he wanted to be here...and the devils were amenable to making the trade...i wouldnt want to give up an asset of any value to get him.

if they want like...i dunno....Nick Holden and a 4th or something...sure, id do that.

but a 2nd rounder? no. First? no.

Kovy can still play..make no mistake about it. but i dont want to give up an asset to get him...particularly not to the devils.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
LoL, cool. I'm sure the devils will get right on that. Devils will demand our top young players, bye bye Buch.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
LoL, cool. I'm sure the devils will get right on that. Devils will demand our top young players, bye bye Buch.

the devils can want whatever they want. but no gm in the NHL is giving up anything of value even remotely close to Buchnevich for Kovalchuk.

Kovy can play..but hes a 100 foot player, whose most definitely slowed down, and hes what...35? i can see a gm giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for him at most.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No thanks. Rangers need to stop going after these 35+ contracts. Stick with your young guys and develop them, they may just surprise you. Plus, there is enough veteran presence on this team already.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Somewhere in the archives of this site is a post from someone that attended some sort of a hockey camp in Florida. Kovy was there. He told the guy when he returns he wants to play for NYR.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Kovalchuk has always wanted to play for NYR. This isn't really news.

But it wasn't enough of a desire to take NYR's shorter term contract over the Devils ridiculous offer that they couldn't end up paying.

Unless NYR were getting him for next to nothing, I'm not interested.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
mRxsX6x.gif

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Meh, I'd pass. There's a lot of obstacles NYR would have to take in order to even get his rights. If they can maneuver something that doesn't cost a lot (both with trade and contract) then I'll would be okay with it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
btw, for the record..id take Ilya Kovalchuk for free on this team...sign him as a free agent for a year...and then trade Nash and not worry too much about the loss of firepower up front.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Of course he wants to come here, who wouldn't ? haha a

Anywho, no chance the Devils trade him to the Rangers, and I don't see the Rangers interested in him unless his contract was going to be cheap.

I would be down to sign him if he was a free agent and wanted like 3 million AAV though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad