GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
For the love of gawd, pls win the opening face off on the PP. if they do they will score

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
I understand the fragility that you and others experience in these kinds of situations. Expecting the worst is a coping mechanism, and I don't begrudge anyone who needs something to cope with a situation. You'll be better after tonight, at least until game 7 against Florida.
"Fragile"? lol. Don't judge. What are you, my reality expert?

And about "expecting the worst"? Sure, bringing past events forward into today so those memories taint and help form a similar negative future is not healthy ever. My reason, though, to hold a doubtful attitude towards Leafs post-season success is predicated on the fact that the Core reasons (see what I did there?) for past failure have not been dealt with by Leafs management.

Blind faith isn't cutting it anymore for me. If it's working for you, fill yer boots.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Wonder how many times a pick play was ever called in the history of hockey?
What irks me is remembering they stole a goal for that, and then watching Boston use it as their counter against forechecking. EVERY dump in, one Boston D-man moves to block the forechecker while the other one gets the puck.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
"Fragile"? lol. Don't judge. What are you, my reality expert?

And about "expecting the worst"? Sure, bringing past events forward into today so those memories taint and help form a similar negative future is not healthy ever. My reason, though, to hold a doubtful attitude towards Leafs post-season success is predicated on the fact that the Core reasons (see what I did there?) for past failure have not been dealt with by Leafs management.

Blind faith isn't cutting it anymore for me. If it's working for you, fill yer boots.
But what you are saying applies more accurately to the playoffs as a whole, as in "has this management team built a group capable of winning the Cup?". Perfectly valid question, and I think most here, myself included, would likely say no. But I'm talking about one game against an inferior team with a coach who can't help but get in his own way. The Leafs will beat Boston, but I think any of the top teams in the conference would have, as well. I'm less confident of Toronto's ability to beat Florida (although Bennett being out helps) and really not confident about them beating the rangers.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have a 11am tee time, sun is shining, wife is on a girls weekend, game 7 tonight (which still seems surreal).
Life is good.
82 I’ll take it for first round of the year.
Talk to Peter Ing on the course. He likes a win tonight.
Matthews in?

Reactions: PanniniClaus

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
It was always going to come down to game 7. But this one's going to end differently. My win counter below my username is going to get way past the 5 it got last year.

Tavares and Marner are going to be the heroes in this one. That's my prediction.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Unlike earlier games in the series, the officials will decide the outcome the best they can, now that they have a Game 7. Not sure if Leafs can overcome. Look for weak penalties, non-calls and game management. I hope you can come back to this post after the game and tell me I was wrong!

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
So many demons can be exercised tonight, so so many. This is such a moment for this franchise.
1714852719163.jpeg

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
I’m as pessimistic as they come with our Leafs especially considering their past losses to Boston but….

I am feeling super optimistic today they will pull out a win but…..

Go on to lose in 5 against the Cats.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Please change the powerplay strategy. It's not working. We keep struggling to even get the zone. It's one and out like every time. Even of we go 1/4 on the powerplay it could be the difference between winning or losing.

Reactions: hockeyes

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
In defense of Samsonov however, if he had received a reasonable level of goal support from a team premised on healthy offensive talent and production befitting the second highest scoring team, he would have been fine.

Just for example. Colorado scored 1 more regular season goal than we did but what they did to Winnipeg and Hellebuyck, if Toronto had scored at that rate we would have swept Boston.
In my opinion Samsonov chaotic movements in net makes the team defense appear disorganized. Wolls sound positioning and efficient movements suddenly makes the teams defense look normal. I think there is a psychological effect on both teams when a goalie is moving like Samsonov and especially when Samsonov let's in a bad goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad