News Article: Ilya Kovalchuk Reportedly Wants To Join The Rangers

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Still think the guy wanted to come to NY. Not saying the club should have given up assets. If there was a way to steal him I wasn't against it. But, cap hit, and losing assets to gain his services is something that sickens me.

Maybe all the reports of the others teams in the mix is telling that NYR are REALLY going in a different direction?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Devils can pay him basically whatever he wants on short term contracts. If the money is the big part of the deal, he'll probably end up playing there

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Why on earth would the devils ever want him to play on their team again after what he did to them?

If he waited a couple of years before "retiring" he would have royally screwed the devils. I'm guessing Lou told him something like "if you're thinking about leaving, please go now."

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
This indecsion is nothing more than a ploy to keep interest up. Thing is that I remeber the guys Mothet giving an interview saying playing in the United States and in NJ in particular was costing him too much money in taxes. Playing in NY doesn't make it better it will be worse.

Go to Florida or Texas. Just go.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Uncle Larry thinks otherwise...

20 years ago we relied on the beat writers to deliver us the info from the powers that be.

We went on wild goose chases all based on paper publications. Joe Sakic, Eric Lindros, Keith Tkachuk...Peter Forsberg to NYR. While much of it was real, some never came to fruition, others did. Fast forward to the present. Beat writers now come here to find a story. Here to find out "what the fan base is saying" Then chase the angle and try to deliver. Unfortunately nowadays delivering is in the form of a 1 word reply to a tweet!...That's the real NONSENSE!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->