Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Still asking for the moon on Tanev. I am still think a third round pick will do it

put yourself in the other shoe for a second......

If you had a Tanev like player would a 3rd round pick be all it takes ? like cmon man.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Yes, that is what I think his value is. Other people have their own ideas and I think they are just as outlandish as you may think my valuation is.
Can you back that opinion up with some examples of similar players who were traded so cheaply?
Hamonic was recently traded for a first and 2 seconds which is more in line with the value most here have agreed to.
Overall imo Tanev is the better player but his health is a much bigger concern.

Reactions: iSophagus

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
To Toronto: Tanev
To Vancouver: '19 1st if Tanev plays more than 70 games, below becomes a 2nd (allowing for independent medical examination) + Connor Brown + '20 3rd if Tanev plays more than 70 games, below becomes a 4th (allowing for independent medical examination)

Best case scenario for both teams: Tanev for Brown, 1st in '19 and 3rd in '20

Reactions: shortfuze

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Jesus Christ man, do you just get drunk and post shit?

No wonder they all hate us Leafs fans. f***

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Tanev has 2 more years at 4.45M cap hit. With Leafs still needing to re-sign Matthews, Marner and Nylander and with Kadri and Rielly needing new contracts soon after i just don't see how we can even consider re-signing Tanev to an extension. We're probably gonna lose Gardiner to free agency because we won't be able to afford him. So when Tanev's current contract ends he'll be 30, having (to date) played 70 games once. Signing him to an extension is way too risky for a team like Toronto becuse that contract could turn horribly very quickly.

So now that we've established that, lets just look at Tanev as an addition to the team for the 2 seasons. Core players are off the table, and managment won't part with Liljegren, Johnsson and probably Sandin. Prospects like Bracco and Nielsen have little trade value, so lets look what we got? Durzi, 2nd round pick this season - would Dubas be willing to part with him? Grundstrom, Korshkov and Rasanen? Don't know how highly Dubas values these. Grundstrom was quite good in AHL so i suspect it's unlikely Dubas would move him unless for a defenceman that would join the team for more than 2 years. Besides that we don't really have much to offer, other than picks. Timashev i suspect is in the Bracco category, not much trade value and management hoping to develop them in nhl players so no point in moving them as they'll hardly entice anyone. Engvall in same territory, looked promising in AHL playofs but all teams have prospects like that. And then there's the roster players like Carrick, Rosen, Borgman (these two semi prospects but w/e), Leivo. Kapanen and Borwn, despite Brown being NHL for full 2 seasons, i figure are in same boat. If the management really wants to impove now they could offer them, no one would really cry. or maybe they see them as regulars and prefer to keep them. Only they know, us fans can only guess.

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
This thread is still going huh?

I like Tanev.....he's a good player. But the injury thing cannot be ignored, and it does hurt his value.

I'd trade a 2nd rounder & a D-prospect like Rasanen or possibly Durzi. That's basically like two 2nd round picks for him. That's enough.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Condtional 1st, (1st if Tanev plays 70 games, 2nd if he doesn't)
Brown

That's fair imo

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I agree with the above post. You get a solid 2nd to 3rd line young 20 goal scorer with some upside and plays well defensively.

A first rounder... If he plays more then 70 games. Value seems close.

HeresJOHNNY

Jul 5, 2010
I'm thinking a 2nd rounder and a couple B range prospects gets it done. Hilarious people in here asking for Willy lmao.

Vorkosh

Jan 16, 2012
All of you leaf fans proposing conditional picks on how many games Tanev plays need to stop. No one would ever agree to that. For the simple fact that if Tanev is at 69 games with 2 games to play and he's healthy and you've already made the playoffs with 2 meaningless games what would you do as Toronto? Send him to the press box as a healthy scratch of course so you don't lose your 1st rounder.

I'm sure you guys like to offer trash for elite shot suppressing D-men. But at least add some logic in your thoughts...

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
All of you leaf fans proposing conditional picks on how many games Tanev plays need to stop. No one would ever agree to that. For the simple fact that if Tanev is at 69 games with 2 games to play and he's healthy and you've already made the playoffs with 2 meaningless games what would you do as Toronto? Send him to the press box as a healthy scratch of course so you don't lose your 1st rounder.

I'm sure you guys like to offer trash for elite shot suppressing D-men. But at least add some logic in your thoughts...

Your logic is flawed, if we have 2 meaningless games left to play and tanev is only at 69 games played then he's done exactly what everyone has said would happen and gotten hurt and missed time. Thats the whole point of the games played condition

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
To TOR
Chris Tanev
Cole Cassels

To VAN

2018 1st
Kasperi Kapanen
Dakota Joshua

Tanev will help put TOR's D into the realm of respectability.

Rielly Tanev
Gardiner Hainsey
Dermott Zaitsev
Borgman (7th D)

Don't want or need him that bad. They can keep him and his injury prone ass.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Leafs trying to get tanev for scraps is getting old.

This tanev to leafs proposals should stop now. Canucks move on from this and leafs should too.

Have the other teams fans get a chance to be offered leafs 1st + carrick/leivo/or any other crap players leafs throw in for their #1 or #2 dman.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Leafs trying to get tanev for scraps is getting old.

This tanev to leafs proposals should stop now. Canucks move on from this and leafs should too.

Have the other teams fans get a chance to be offered leafs 1st + carrick/leivo/or any other crap players leafs throw in for their #1 or #2 dman.

There is a bigger chance that Kapanen scores 20-30 goals next year than Tanev to play more than 65 games.

Based on the average amount of games that Tanev played in the last 2 years (47.5) and his cap hit ($4,450,000), you are trying to sell him at full value. That means if he played 82 games, he would be worth $7,682,105.26. Canuck fans are deluded.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
There is a bigger chance that Kapanen scores 20-30 goals next year than Tanev to play more than 65 games.

Based on the average amount of games that Tanev played in the last 2 years (47.5) and his cap hit ($4,450,000), you are trying to sell him at full value. That means if he played 82 games, he would be worth $7,682,105.26. Canuck fans are deluded.
So then it is fair to say that based on kapanens play (9 points in 38 games) so far he should be a solid 20 point player next year I dont know where you are coming up with this 20-30 goal thing. Pure fantasy that leaf fans have. First it was....if we only had room for him on the team he would score 30 goals...then if he could only play on the top line he would score 30.....he is what he is. 9 points in 38 games. Every team have those players and they aren't worth a 1st.

Reactions: Donuts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad