Proposal: I WANT TANEV!!!!! (TOR/VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Why do you click the threads then?

Before I respond, I'm going to clarify that I can read the title.

But I want to echo what most people say about trade proposals. If there is a specific player that everyone wants ie. Tanev, Pacioretty, O'Rielly, then why not just create a Mega Thread. I'd be more inclined to comment on that, than each individual thread with minor tweaks to it.

Reactions: north49er

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Not worth a 1st to get Tanev

Injury prone

Marginal second pair D

Better versions in the lineup and coming up through the system

Why pay him almost $5M when we'll have guys graduating on ELCs who are better than him?

Reactions: north49er

member 290103

The Leafs employ a series of turnstiles on defense, but they don't need him since he has been injured in the past. Don't expect them to give up anything of value. Maybe a late 2nd and a D prospect.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The Leafs employ a series of turnstiles on defense, but they don't need him since he has been injured in the past. Don't expect them to give up anything of value. Maybe a late 2nd and a D prospect.
With benning as the general manager that's the package that Vancouver will likely receive for tanev.

member 290103

With benning as the general manager that's the package that Vancouver will likely receive for tanev.

No, I suspect he will demand Marleau in any package and then immediately re-sign him to a multi-year contract.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No, I suspect he will demand Marleau in any package and then immediately re-sign him to a multi-year contract.
Marleau would have to waive his nmc in order for your proposal to happen and I don't think he will waive it in order to go to a bottom feeder

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
1st, Brown & Rosen for Chris Tanev

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Johnsson - - Kadri - - Kapanen
Grundstrom - Lindholm - Leivo

Rielly - - - - Tanev
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

Anderson
McElhinny
Sparks
Pickard

member 290103

Not worth a 1st to get Tanev

Injury prone

Marginal second pair D

Better versions in the lineup and coming up through the system

Why pay him almost $5M when we'll have guys graduating on ELCs who are better than him?

He's not a marginal second pair D. He's a top tier second pair D. You do not have better versions coming up through the system and your guys graduating on ELC's are not better than him. If you are trolling, try harder.....otherwise, enjoy watching your boys in blue get turnstile'd again this year and fizzle in the playoffs.

member 290103

Maybe if he puts effort into his conversations he can but I highly doubt he will do that.

Well, you are much brighter than I. You have refuted every point I have made about this scenario. I bow down to you. You sir, are the master.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Toronto is clearly in a win now mode but if they dont address their d problems there just gonna hover in that same old 1st round exit routine there starting to get use to. They need a quality top pairing defensive dman to solidify their 1st pairing as a huge start and Tanev could be their guy. But unfortunately for the Leafs every other manager in the league knows their MONDO weakness. Aint gonna come cheap. They are HELLA desperate. Tanev for Liljegren, 2019 1st, and a CONDITIONAL pick based on Tanev amount of games played is a starting point but could really help BOTH teams going fwd...

Reactions: Magic Man

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Toronto is clearly in a win now mode but if they dont address their d problems there just gonna hover in that same old 1st round exit routine there starting to get use to. They need a quality top pairing defensive dman to solidify their 1st pairing as a huge start and Tanev could be their guy. But unfortunately for the Leafs every other manager in the league knows their MONDO weakness. Aint gonna come cheap. They are HELLA desperate. Tanev for Liljegren, 2019 1st, and a CONDITIONAL pick based on Tanev amount of games played is a starting point but could really help BOTH teams going fwd...

Little early out West to be already dreaming isn't it?

TrueCanuckle

Feb 15, 2009
calgary
Love how all the people are commenting on Tanev yet making him out to be crap, I bet 90% haven’t watched Tanev play more then 10 games. Guys a unreal shut down d man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad