Post-Game Talk: I don't remember this feeling

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
After seeing Mrazek's pads for the game I somehow hope he gets to play it.

Either way he'll get to use them in the griffin's game but it would be nice if these bad boys were being used in the big game

The only thing I've liked about Jimmy in net so far this year has been this.

howard-pink.jpg

He won some points with me for helping support that cause.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Jurco has looked really, really good. In a few years he's going to be a great top 6 player. Once he grows into his body some more he's going to be a beast.

It just fun to see, how we bring 6'2 scorer kid up from the minors, and Babcock inserts him immediately at TOP6 and 1st PP.

At smaller kid cases that was just impossible to happen.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
On the glendering sheahan faceoff issue. Sheahan is a natural center and glendering is a converted winger. I would much rather have glendering on the team then either sammy or cleary (jurco would be the other winger) .

Was great to see tootoo back where he belongs crashing and banging like a champion. Dats looks to have shaken the rust off. Alfie finally got his front sight post honed unto the goalie net. Those three where my 3 pog.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Sooooo

Sheahan is 67% and 63% in the last 2 games on the draw.

And Glendening is 45% and 46% last 2 games on the draw.

Someone remind me again why Glendening gets called up more than/before Riley again????

Because Sheanan is big and slow and sucks.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Wow, we're a bipolar fanbase.

I don't know what game you guys watched but Kronwall has not been playing well these last couple of games.

And Kindl has currently supplanted Quincey as worst defenseman. There was not one thing he could do right tonight.

The one thing I did like about this game was the puck was sent on its way to the net more often, it seemed. Let it bounce around in the crease. Well done.

Datsyuk finding his game is huge.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
To be fair we've played well minus the Ducks game but when u have 3 4th lines you're not going to win much

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wow, we're a bipolar fanbase.

I don't know what game you guys watched but Kronwall has not been playing well these last couple of games.

And Kindl has currently supplanted Quincey as worst defenseman. There was not one thing he could do right tonight.

The one thing I did like about this game was the puck was sent on its way to the net more often, it seemed. Let it bounce around in the crease. Well done.

Datsyuk finding his game is huge.

i agree, kronwall's game has dipped a bit lately. if that pairing isn't solid, basically no pairing is.

little surprised how they dominated possession that well when D deemed to have competition who could make most mistakes and turnovers.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Bottom line, I am pleased we won. Must see a win in 24-7 !

Now we will.

Alfie. Amazing game
Datsyuk… Amazing game.

Jurco looks good. He will improve, but already looks like he has some skills.

Sheahan/Glendenning… Meh whatever.. I mean who ever wins this contest still is at best 4th liner.

Tootoo. Lots of people love his energy, myself included. But does his hits, and hustle actually help us win? Does it create turnovers and offence?? I don't know.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Because Sheanan is big and slow and sucks.

this is a response based on entirely wrong facts. Sheahan's skating ability is actually above average especially for his size. and since when is being big bad? the fact that your 3rd reason is that he sucks is laughable. he sucks can't be a reason. the fact that you think he is slow, can be a reason you think he sucks but to use both as a reason for him not being called up in favor of Gledening is ridiculous.

The reason Glendening got more call ups before are simple, Sheahan wouldn't fit under the cap where as Glendening did. and with Sheahan we know what we have we scouted drafted and have his rights. last year Grand Rapids signed Glendening he preformed extremely well so in the off season the wings signed him to a 1 year deal and when an injury hit they got the chance to see what he could do at the NHL level.

IMO Glendening is an upgrade over Emmerton plus we don't yet know his peak where as we do know Emmerton's. Riley Sheahan is Bigger 6.02 vs. 5.11 and 11 pounds heavier. he is also faster and has better skills in the faceoff circle. none of this matters because odds are in the next few years they become line mates. like Helm and Abby when they were younger. toss Callahan on the other wing and we have a great 4th line.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Bottom line, I am pleased we won. Must see a win in 24-7 !

Now we will.

Alfie. Amazing game
Datsyuk… Amazing game.

Jurco looks good. He will improve, but already looks like he has some skills.

Sheahan/Glendenning… Meh whatever.. I mean who ever wins this contest still is at best 4th liner.

Tootoo. Lots of people love his energy, myself included. But does his hits, and hustle actually help us win? Does it create turnovers and offence?? I don't know.

As far as Toots goes yes it does, and yes it did. he was in checking and the puck pops out and a pass in the slot. And bam a scoring chance. but the second man has to come in and get the puck!

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Sooooo

Sheahan is 67% and 63% in the last 2 games on the draw.

And Glendening is 45% and 46% last 2 games on the draw.

Someone remind me again why Glendening gets called up more than/before Riley again????

This is my best guess at their logic: Glendening and Sheahan aren't really peers. Glendening is more than two years older than Sheahan. Hell, you can hardly call him a prospect at that age. You can't always make apples-to-apples comparisons with NCAA kids. Although Sheahan is no longer exempt next year, you really need to **** or get off of the pot with Glendening. If you think you have something with Glendening, you need to get him up and see what he can do so that you can move on if he disappoints.

Personally I think Glendening has played better than most give him create for doing. I also, however, think that in the long run, Sheahan will turn out to be a better player than most probably expect (although still a bottom sixer). Now if people think that only PPG Griffs should be promoted, they aren't going to like seeing either with the big club.

Number 9*

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 2m
#RedWings expect to have everyone currently injured back for Winter Classic game except Stephen Weiss.

How long will it take for them to be back to firing on all cylinders?

iwtb*

Did you see my post right above yours? Way to be a copycat ;) :p:

Your list sucked without Tootoo. To be honest I like Toots 10x more in Red Wings than Weiss. When Tootoo is in roster we have at least one player who defend himself and his teammates. Our other players can't do that.

Little off topic but what the hell happened to this Big E?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bux1EF6_AM8

Is it our great Babcock who toldhim to not defend his team mates cause that's ref's job?

iwtb*

Your list sucked without Tootoo. To be honest I like Toots 10x more in Red Wings than Weiss. When Tootoo is in roster we have at least one player who defend himself and his teammates. Our other players can't do that.

Little off topic but what the hell happened to this Big E?

Is it our great Babcock who toldhim to not defend his team mates cause that's ref's job?

PS. Those refs should be suspended.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Fun fact: Alfie is closing in on Lidström the all time (regular season) scoring list. Lids ended with 1142 points and Alfie got 1135 points. Guess the bragging right to that goes to the Sens but still something to count down for Alfie as that would also mean that he soon #2 on Swedish career (regl. seaon points) chart.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Fun fact: Alfie is closing in on Lidström the all time (regular season) scoring list. Lids ended with 1142 points and Alfie got 1135 points. Guess the bragging right to that goes to the Sens but still something to count down for Alfie as that would also mean that he soon #2 on Swedish career (regl. seaon points) chart.

Think it more shows just how incredible Lidstrom is, I mean he is attempting to catch a D-man and he has been an all-star forward for most of his career.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Think it more shows just how incredible Lidstrom is, I mean he is attempting to catch a D-man and he has been an all-star forward for most of his career.

Yeah, Lidström was one of the best ever at the offensive blue line. So good to have on both a PP or whenever Detroit needed offensive pressure. Can't really say that position is close to be replaced by anyone in todays Detroit, I guess Kronwall doing what he can, and that is not bad, but he'll never be at Lidströms level.

Lids was also very responsible in his own end while putting up all those points, very impressive.

Last edited:

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
You just can't compare forwards with D-men as far as point production goes.

Maybe so, but I think Alfie want to pass Lidström on that list. I don't know the guy personally but the impression I get from Alfredsson is that he is a competition focused guy, and getting at least at #2 for Swedes and top 50 overall, and perhaps 1200 points, would probably please him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad