Post-Game Talk: I don't remember this feeling

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
When was the last time the Wings scored a 4 on 3 goal? Ozzie's 400th win?

(Yes I'm aware that question is ridiculously ripe for quality "Fixed that for you" type of edits. For example: "...the Wings won" "...the Wings won at home" "...the Wings scored a Power Play goal." And so forth).

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Loved seeing Kronwall out on the ice at the end of the game clapping it up to the fans. The crowd really was great tonight, considering its a weeknight and the team is comprised of a bunch of scrubs playing like they are.

Kronwall's a great leader. I often catch him patting his teammates and trying to get them pumped after a goal or making a good play.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Datsyuk was all over the place in the 3rd period. So good to see. A Datsyuk playing like this can carry even this group of scrubs to some wins.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sooooo

Sheahan is 67% and 63% in the last 2 games on the draw.

And Glendening is 45% and 46% last 2 games on the draw.

Someone remind me again why Glendening gets called up more than/before Riley again????

Number 9*

I can't remember the last time I was sooooo happy with a win over Calgary!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm really starting to like Jurco, hes really young still and has the size that guys like Nyquist and tatar are missing. Crashed the net hard. ANyone have video of his nasty dangle, I missed it

NyquistIsMyGod*

Speaking of that purchase, I also bought a Todd Bertuzzi tank top yesterday.

Aug 6, 2012
Sooooo

Someone remind me again why Glendening gets called up more than/before Riley again????

For just 7 minutes TOI, Sheahan played pretty well. Got 3 shots, won a lot of battles, good on the draw. His best asset is by far his defensive play though.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Dear god I have missed that right-handed one-timer that brings some results.

Alfie 2+1 and our main playoff spot rival Ottawa loses. Gotta be happy. :nod:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
The best part is the Wings not looking like complete hot garbage on 24-7.

I was terrified they'd lose every game.

I missed Alfie's facial hair. While I am by no means consider visually deficient(at least not when wearing glasses) I have problems seeing some shades that are close in tone, particularly with movement involved. So, post it.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Alfie, Dats, Gus. Gus made some big saves and looked pretty poised. Alfie don't even need to say why and Dats look almost back to his usual self.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
For just 7 minutes TOI, Sheahan played pretty well. Got 3 shots, won a lot of battles, good on the draw. His best asset is by far his defensive play though.

As far as I can tell, he's a better 4th line center than anything we have. Except I wish he'd be physical once in awhile.

Well I guess him and Andersson are somewhat of a wash.
I like him more than Glendening though, mostly because Glendening needs to get better on the draw, or just play wing.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Sooooo

Why does Glendening get called up more? Maybe because he's a little more smart and experienced player than Sheahan. IMO Glendening plays with more pace than Sheahan does, which coaches like Babs love.

In regards to faceoffs I'm fairly concerned as well. Overall though I'm rather neutral towards Sheahan. I don't have much hope for him at all.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
we got lucky, could get similar to the 1st by Flames a list 2 more times. Don't wont to see Gustavo on the net, bring Mrazek

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Sooooo

Because until recently the Wings couldn't afford to bring up Sheahan.

He makes pver 200k more than Glendening and would have put us over the cap

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Guys, I'm not saying we won because this came in the mail about 45 minutes before the puck drop:

tumblr_my2wukCaXR1rhz08uo1_500.jpg

But we won because this came in the mail 45 minutes before the puck drop. :nod:

Fixed that picture for you.

148kdh2.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Because until recently the Wings couldn't afford to bring up Sheahan.

He makes pver 200k more than Glendening and would have put us over the cap

True. I forgot about the price difference, I thought they made the same.

Babs probably doesn't want to have to wait for Sheahan to play catch-up, and will continue to go with "what he knows" in that regard.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
True. I forgot about the price difference, I thought they made the same.

Babs probably doesn't want to have to wait for Sheahan to play catch-up, and will continue to go with "what he knows" in that regard.

I don't think Glendening has played poorly when up, lot of safe plays and responsible defensively. He needs to get better in the dot at this level, but I never really expect the guys coming up to be world beaters, even Andersson took a little bit to get used to this level. What Sheahan is doing there is pretty startling.

I do think Glendening's future is on the wing at this level, but it isn't bad for when a guy that gets tossed out of the circle to have him drawing in, as a winger he has a huge thing going for him in that regard where it is kind of a weakness as a center. Funny how that changes in that regard.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm not high on Sheahan, but he looked really good tonight. Bravo to to him. He's much better than Glendening easily, though.

He actually showed some speed tonight. That makes me much more comfortable. Pretty much every other time I saw him in the NHL he looked as slow as Andersson.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He actually showed some speed tonight. That makes me much more comfortable. Pretty much every other time I saw him in the NHL he looked as slow as Andersson.

He plays up to the pace of his linemates a lot, while patrolling center ice. So having him with Tootoo and Jurco you got to see that he can hammer down it is just part of how he stays in position and keeps the ice balanced. Make no mistake Sheahan is a very good skater especially given his size. He and Ferraro absolutely fly around in the AHL, it is on display a lot, but when you give him a slower line he plays a little slower. Tonight he was given faster linemates. A Glendening - Sheahan - Ferraro line is going to be really annoying for other teams if they put it all together, they could draw premier checking assignments as well somewhere down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad