Post-Game Talk: I cannot confirm if the Wings won or lost tonight

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
Don't you are take Quincey's F away. He's worked really hard for that, damn it! I'm sure he's thinking about he can pinch up really, really badly and give up a 3 on 1 with Kindl back. I can just picture it now....

But yes, Quinceuy has been, overall, quite good 4 games in this season.

It almost pains me to say it, but the signing of Quincey this summer actually looks pretty damn good. He was really noticeable last night (in a good way) and has looked good every game so far.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It almost pains me to say it, but the signing of Quincey this summer actually looks pretty damn good. He was really noticeable last night (in a good way) and has looked good every game so far.

Not sure if you can ever make that contract look good. The short term helps me sleep at night, though.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
He didn't play good but I was really surprised with how awful Dion played last night, especially after taking that stupid penalty against Abdelkader.

I have watched the Leafs a bit early on (knowing we probably vie for the same spots again), and wasn't surprised one bit. He just isn't a very good hockey player at all. Just a big body whose admittedly hard slapshots used to find the net before this blocking point shots trend took over. He gets walked every game, often several times.

Actual Thought*

Easy now. Only played 4 games so far.

I'd like to see how they are looking 10 to 15 games in before calling them anything.

I have been saying it the entire offseason. By December the Wings will be considered a contender. I expect they will win the division and possibly the conference.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Do not want to take anything from the Wings, but the Leafs' goalie was plain terrible.

well.. I'm not sure about terrible but agree that Reimer didnt really provide any key saves and kinda let the air out of leafs bag.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Dominant all around performance .

Quincey really stood out in this game. Don't know if it was because of the hometown game or what... hoping to see a lot more of that.

Not sure about all the Franzen votes. Guy literally had two tap ins from outstanding playmakers and was unnoticeable otherwise... partially because he played only half the game. I'll give him that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad