Post-Game Talk: I cannot confirm if the Wings won or lost tonight

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Nobody had a really bad night. Our play has been consistently better this year. Now the pp

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
10626476_857216864310738_521144981954908704_n.jpg

Awesome.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
RedWings' Johan Franzen said leg spasms caused him to leave game. Said he'll probably play tomorrow vs. Leafs.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
meh I dont have a problem with shooting. I'm finally liking that Wings are having confidence and shooting more. Teams doing the defending is usually watching and that's what you want them to do watching instead of playing.

I'm more concerned with their dump in. IMO one of their PP problem is due to dumb dump in.

Who is our best d-man at gaining the zone??? hmm....

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Good game guys Even tough we are in the sa me division i respect the wings a lot.
Seems like Nyquist is for real. Could he score 40? That seems possible.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Good game guys Even tough we are in the sa me division i respect the wings a lot.

Could be possible, even though I said last year I would eat a hat if it happened.

I'm one of his biggest supporters, and for the last 8 months, he has surprised even me with this goal scoring ability.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Who is our best d-man at gaining the zone??? hmm....

lol you are just relentless. :laugh:

Sure if Wings keeps failing on their zone entry, maybe Smith should be experimented. But I think being little smarter on dump in helps in not only in PP but in 5v5. Sometimes it really sucks the life out of this team when there is seemingly no coordination between forechecker and dump ins

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Brendan Smith is our best defenseman. I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm both happy and petrified.
Brendan's doing great, but Dekeyser has been our best d-man this year. Has he made a mistake yet? Or even something that could kinda, almost, sort of be described as a mistake?

Well..except for when he's on the PP.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

I could see him scoring 40 once or twice in his career. Zetterberg did it and he was never really known as a shooter. The thing is Detroit, in their current system, will always be a lower-scoring team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Brendan's doing great, but Dekeyser has been our best d-man this year. Has he made a mistake yet? Or even something that could kinda, almost, sort of be described as a mistake?

Made a kinda big one tonight, actually.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
So we play better when I don't watch...

Based on the comments, it sounded like we were competent and the Leafs were awful, but I will take two points. Pretty happy with our play overall to start the season, but anxious for Datsyuk to be in the lineup.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The guy who had 4 assists tonight is done?

Kronwall is the best defenseman on this team. It's been 4 games.

Hard to tell sometimes on the internet, but I believe/hope that was dripping with sarcasm in terms of the post you responded to.

I do think Smith was our best D-man tonight. Kronwall is clearly our best D-man in the overall sense, thought he looked better with Smith than he has with Ericsson. The entire back-end played well, really though Ericsson was the worst again tonight, starting to get concerned about how much he is fighting the puck, but still a solid game out of him as well. Hopefully he is gaining confidence in his finger, I think that is the problem.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Good to see the offense come to life tonight. Wish the kid line would have potted one they deserve a amazing game soon. They control the play so much whenever they come out on the ice.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
The problem is that when you play a team back to back the team that lost comes out strong next game.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This is the second game this season that I thought "Wow, we're playing nasty". I hope it's not just a temporary thing.

Our 4th line really set the tone, I thought. That and Gator getting into Phaneuf's kitchen.

That PP is ugly, though. No one has any chemistry. Everyone is so hesitant.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lot of overreaction. Played well against a lousy team. PP still sucks. Lets see what they do tomorrow night.

Some pretty massive over-reaction when they got beat by Boston as well. Your take on the Lions and Wings starts to the season remind me of this Vladdy.

muppets.jpg

I think the Wings have been the best team on ice for three out of four games, that is not a bad ratio in this league.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Any word on Mule? If he can't go and Cleary plays over Weiss. I'll start to pull out my beautiful long locks of hair.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Smith has gotten off to a very strong start. We actually now have a d-man who can do crazy stuff like find open guys up ice and skate the puck into prime scoring areas. We haven't had anyone with that skill set in a couple seasons. Kronwall puts up points because he's on the top power play unit. If Smith starts getting time on the power play he could easily be our top scoring d-man this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad