Hurricanes Lounge XXVII: BURN THE NEW SERVERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Pretttttty sure that's not true with 98% of the cars produced in this millennium.
I drive the 2 %.

I would sew it on my jacket but I fear motor cycle gangs would think I'm trying to one-up them and beat me up.

And I'm not sure if our MB Sprinter can pull the Snowman Gambit on their bikes afterwards.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I used to turn my headlights on all the time when I was living in Charlotte. I found, at least in my old car, that it helped to do everything in my power to make sure other drivers saw me. It was still a zoo, but it seemed to help a little. I stopped when I moved back to Raleigh because it wasn't as bad and I'd just as soon make the bulbs last longer.

To geehaad's point, this time of year is the worst. Too many people leave work with just enough daylight to not think about their headlights, then get halfway home before they realize it's too dark for anyone to see them.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
FoghornLeghorn.jpg
I not only turn on the headlights during the day, I use the foglights too

What about the foghorn?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Last time my wife and I moved, we bought a house withing 4 miles of both of our workplaces. It cannot be underestimated the quality of life boost that has when your commute is less than two songs on the radio.
I did this 20 years ago. It's smart for more reasons than immediately come to mind.

Yep, I can literally walk to work (and typically do) from the place that I live out here in Winston-Salem now. It's been a lot less stressful on me. Only time I drive now is if I'm going back to Raleigh, down to Brown Truck, or if the weather's absolute shit that day.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Last time my wife and I moved, we bought a house withing 4 miles of both of our workplaces. It cannot be underestimated the quality of life boost that has when your commute is less than two songs on the radio.

Agreed. It can't be done easily in RTP, but I moved from 10 miles away from my office to 7. Even that small change made a huge difference in the day to day commuting.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

Same. In VA my commute was one hour; in NC 15 minutes; in ME I live 1/2 mile from my office. So when it snows, I walk. Problem is, I'm so close that I can't use the "it's snowing so I can't go anywhere excuse."

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I live in DC these days. You don't get to complain. Until you have traffic delays that stretch into the hours on a daily basis, you cannot comprehend. I could get from Greensboro to the mountains in the time it takes me to get from the east side of DC to Fairfax.

I have a friend that works in transit in DC and I always ask him for a scouting report when I’m in the area.

Spoiler alert: it’s always a shitshow

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, the only time my wife and kids have seen me really pissed off driving, was in DC. I avoid it like the plague now. I even will take roads that are 45 minutes longer drive just to avoid DC and the chance that I'll be stuck in traffic.

Similar experience in San Jose years back. I honestly couldn't do that every single day like some people do.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

I bought a house 3 Miles from my job, then Work transferred me to 23 Miles into Charlotte from where I live.

My 6 minute drive is now 45 on a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln