OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXII: Wisdom Teeth Removal edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
Hi there, I'm actually an Islanders fan but I like the Hurricanes too and you guys seem like the best people to ask in this situation so I thought I'd post this here.

My brother was traveling through Savannah, Georgia last month and bought a framed Brett Hull / Dallas Stars card at an antique store, which they put up on their living room wall. Unfortunately it appears to be cursed by evil forces.

When he brought it home his family suddenly got affected by mysterious illnesses, and other strange things kept happening like lights flickering on and off at all hours. They finally figured out it was connected to the Brett Hull card but they cannot throw it away, every time they burn it or bury it or throw it in the lake, it always reappears on the wall in the exact same spot the next morning. He tried to go back to the antique store for answers but there's now a restaurant in the same spot and nobody in town seems to remember the antique shop being there.

The expression on Brett Hull's face has changed too, it started out neutral but now has a demonic looking glare. It looks like a goatee and horns are starting to appear and they can see a forked tail in the background. Everyone in the house is afraid to go to sleep.

So I think that evil forces are clearly at work. Does anyone know a magic spell or ritual to remove the curse from the hockey card? Maybe grind up some plants and recite a chant or something? I figured you guys have lots of experience with Dallas Stars rivalry and you may have seen this before. Thank you so much!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Hi there, I'm actually an Islanders fan but I like the Hurricanes too and you guys seem like the best people to ask in this situation so I thought I'd post this here.

My brother was traveling through Savannah, Georgia last month and bought a framed Brett Hull / Dallas Stars card at an antique store, which they put up on their living room wall. Unfortunately it appears to be cursed by evil forces.

When he brought it home his family suddenly got affected by mysterious illnesses, and other strange things kept happening like lights flickering on and off at all hours. They finally figured out it was connected to the Brett Hull card but they cannot throw it away, every time they burn it or bury it or throw it in the lake, it always reappears on the wall in the exact same spot the next morning. He tried to go back to the antique store for answers but there's now a restaurant in the same spot and nobody in town seems to remember the antique shop being there.

The expression on Brett Hull's face has changed too, it started out neutral but now has a demonic looking glare. It looks like a goatee and horns are starting to appear and they can see a forked tail in the background. Everyone in the house is afraid to go to sleep.

So I think that evil forces are clearly at work. Does anyone know a magic spell or ritual to remove the curse from the hockey card? Maybe grind up some plants and recite a chant or something? I figured you guys have lots of experience with Dallas Stars rivalry and you may have seen this before. Thank you so much!

Zaxby's is from Savannah iirc.

Try sacrificing some fried chicken.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
the spell can be broken by becoming a rangers fan

Zaxby's is from Savannah iirc.

Try sacrificing some fried chicken.

Wow, this was very helpful! My brother said that it was a Zaxby's that was in the spot of the antique store so I knew right away that you were on the right track.

I told him to set fire to some fried chicken while wearing a Rangers jersey, and when he did that a beautiful rainbow, surrounded by butterflies and songbirds, then burst in through the window and obliterated the evil framed picture, which descended screaming down to hell. When the smoke cleared, he followed the rainbow to the other end and a pot of gold was waiting for him in his backyard.

Thank you so much for your help - you just might have saved a few lives today. I had a feeling this was the right place to ask.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I recommend a bucket of Bojangles.

Also playing the Okilly Dokilly demos in reverse should work as the spirit of Ned works its magic on the house.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
I recommend a bucket of Bojangles.

Also playing the Okilly Dokilly demos in reverse should work as the spirit of Ned works its magic on the house.

Thank you VERY much. I will make sure that he does each of those things regularly in the future as a purifying ritual to make sure the evil forces can never return.

I'm assuming that a vinyl record needs to be played backwards for best results (as Tipper Gore taught us all), so we'll look for some vinyl copies on EBay.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
do yuo kno what happen when u play a country song backwards?

ur wife//gf comes back
ur dog comes back to life
and ur truck starts

That's some extremely powerful black magic right there, too scary for me. I think I'll stick with playing Black Sabbath records backwards to get things done like everyone else.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I think it is just around the Triangle and possibly Charlotte. Not sure on that though. I'll still be switching to Fiber the day it is available though

Send me my free t-shirt and hurry up with installations :handclap:

I'm in the Charlotte Area. My friend in Concord called and his will be upgraded in September. New speeds are nice.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well I was going to recommend calling this witch doctor here

But I think the fried chicken thing is the best solution.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
Well I was going to recommend calling this witch doctor here

I'm so glad you pointed this out. Now that the evil in my brother's house has been defeated, we're now searching through government records to find out who owned the antique shop that sold the cursed Brett Hull card, and where they are now.

When we find the evil antique dealer, we'll bring along this witch doctor to help cast another spell to get rid of them for good.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
It depends where you live.
As far as I know, it's only been upgraded in Charlotte and Raleigh.

I live in Apex, which is fairly close to Raleigh and Cary. I've also had the modem from TWC since about 2009, give or take.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
I knew it. How did you escape from Cary and get into Apex?

I've never lived in Cary, but I did used to live in Raleigh back in the 90s. That said, the amount of time I've had to go over to Cary for shopping and eating purposes, I've probably wasted a good chunk of my life there.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I've never lived in Cary, but I did used to live in Raleigh back in the 90s. That said, the amount of time I've had to go over to Cary for shopping and eating purposes, I've probably wasted a good chunk of my life there.

Was making a joke. If you were not aware, C.A.R.Y. = Containment Area for Relocated Yankees :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest