Hyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Since Hyman basically got himself traded to Toronto because he would have signed as a free agent once the Panthers lost his draft rights, is that something Dubas can use to his advantage if he wants to re-sign him.

Plus let's remember it was Dubas who made the actual trade to get Hyman's rights from the Panthers and signed him to that 2 year ELC.
With Hyman, definitely I believe so. He will work with them if there is a workable margin.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Sure, contracts in the near future are going to be depressed but a large part of the reason for that contract depression is likely to be a salary cap reduction. There is a possibility that Dubas won't have the cap space to pay even discounted rates on certain players due to his long term commitments elsewhere. It's out of our hands.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'd say yes.

No, we shouldn't trade him. The goal is to win the cup, not to toil in mediocrity endlessly.

I want him to retire here. Exactly what we need.

Trade William Nylander to retain him.

Trade Money Marner to retain him

This man's value cannot be overstated.

Underrated underappreciated player; Hyman is the heart of the team and what the team lacks. Need more Hyman not less. NO

I like Hyman and hope he stays.

We need more Zach Hymen type players. Not less

You all are winner winner chicken dinners

1714312018501.png

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Hyman, Kadri, Bunting, Verhaeghe, Andersen - All players sacrificed to the altar of the Core 4. The incoming management should gut our amateur and professional scouting departments.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Pretty funny reading the comments of this thread from three years ago.

You need players like Kadri and Hyman who give you their heart and soul to win.

Who in their right mind would rather have Tavares or those two? Same with marner or those two.

Two of the dumbest moves of the dubas era. Moving Kadri the one guy who gave a shit and didn't let them bully marner / Marleau. Hyman who sacrificed his body day and night.

Mar 26, 2010
Hyman is just a merchant of McDavid. Like a seagull in a Burger King parking lot that waits for garbage. He is a 20 goal scorer when not attached to McDavids hip.

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad