OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXII: Wisdom Teeth Removal edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Had four wisdom teeth taken out one morning, and by the next evening, I was hanging out with my friends (granted, in a low key setting). I think I was almost completely fine in a few days.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
I got my wisdom teeth removed when I was 18. I spent my spring break in bed eating pudding and anything else I didnt need to chew. On a related note, I'm going to the dentist today to get my teeth cleaned and checked out.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Got all 4 of mine out when I was 38. Don't listen to anybody that tells you, "If they're not bothering anything just leave 'em in". Big mistake. Totally went under and woke up a bit during the surgery as they were basically pulling me out of the chair in an attempt to get wisdom tooth #3 out. Then I had the joy of getting "dry socket" afterwards. Two weeks of hell....

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Maybe because it's I only got two out but I'm feeling really good today, the day after. Very little pain and swelling. I mean hell, I was eating shrimp and asparagus and bacon last night.

Also yeah, CI. I asked to be put under kind of because of what you're saying. **** those noises and **** anything about them ripping apart at my teeth while inside my jaw

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I gotta get them out next month =\ not looking forward to it. Especially since I'm a picky eater and don't like soup, and I'm semi lactose intolerant so can't have a lot milkshakes or ice cream. Going to have to survive on jello, strawberry daquiris, and smoothies haha.

On the other note, anyone interested in joining a keeper fantasy hockey league I am starting? Here is the info: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1939783

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I haven't had to get mine out. They came in like normal teeth. No problems minus biting the inside of my cheek a few times.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
Got all 4 pulled at Marine Corps boot camp. I didn't get any gas or anything cool, they just shot me up with novocaine and started yanking. I think I got a bottle of Motrin or some other ******** pain reliever for after, no good stuff there either. I was fine the next day, barely bled at all overnight.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Geno Smith suffered a broken jaw Tuesday morning and will be out for 6-to-10 weeks, ESPN's Rich Cimini reports.
Spin: Smith was sucker-punched by in the locker room by linebacker Ikemefuna Enemkpali, who was promptly and unsurprisingly released by the team.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I became legend after my wisdom teeth were pulled. Basically I had them pulled over winter break, but WVU had a game in Wheeling about 3 days before the semester started back up and as a key member of the band I had to be there. Well, just as halftime hits my mouth is understandably killing me, so I take my meds after we're done playing at half, and I feel nothing for about 20 minutes. Well, about half way through the second half a guy from St John's is at the line shooting 2, the arena is dead quiet... And out of nowhere I just start laughing, the kind of creepy laughing I usually reserve for NFLers blowing off part of their hand.

Anyway, the guy shooting apparently looks at me, shakes his head, and puts up an epic brick. Stadium goes nuts and then quiets down again. I resume full on joker mode. He ****ing air balls the next one and the the stadium goes even more crazy. I was tripping bad on pain meds I had no ****ing clue what was going on but apparently a few minutes later the ref came over to check on me.

By the way, WVU won that game... That they were trailing by 8 when I went on my trip. I don't even remember how I got back to the dorms.

Vicodin's a hell of a drug

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I get way too much joy in being challenged on statements I can back up with facts and articles. Case in point: The Jordan Staal topic on the trade board.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
I get way too much joy in being challenged on statements I can back up with facts and articles. Case in point: The Jordan Staal topic on the trade board.

I don't know if I get any joy out of it, but I can't seem to stay away from getting into arguments on the BOH board, especially with ex-whaler fans.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Meteor shower tonight. Saw about 4 in 45 minutes.

Unfortunately mosquitoes are such *******s even when wearing a jacket and jeans. **** them.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Forgive me if it's already been discussed but has anyone been to the Beer Garden yet? It sounds like it's going through some "growing pains" but everything else I've heard suggests it's got potential to be awesome. Too bad it sounds like it's expensive but that seems to be expected.

Also, for those that have been, where do you park?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Forgive me if it's already been discussed but has anyone been to the Beer Garden yet? It sounds like it's going through some "growing pains" but everything else I've heard suggests it's got potential to be awesome. Too bad it sounds like it's expensive but that seems to be expected.

Also, for those that have been, where do you park?

those are pretty much my thoughts on it. it really isn't too terribly expensive compared to other stuff downtown, maybe slightly more.

i always park at my friend's apartment on the other side of broughton and walk over to downtown so i dont really know where the best place to actually park downtown would be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese