OT: Hurricanes Lounge XVIII:Will State put 50 up on Carolina? DISCUSS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I hate the DMV.

License expires as soon as I turn 21. I live in Atlanta for school. I can't get a new license until Thanksgiving break.

DMV is closed Friday after Thanksgiving, and on the weekends. I can't get a new license over break.

Licenses sent by mail are only temporary, as soon as I'm back in town I have to get a real one anyway.

So basically, I can't drive legally (or buy beer) until the end of the semester. I hate this.

Well you could use a passport for beer if you have one. :laugh:

In Virginia, you can renew your license and it comes in the mail. Guess that technology hasn't made it down there?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Well you could use a passport for beer if you have one. :laugh:

In Virginia, you can renew your license and it comes in the mail. Guess that technology hasn't made it down there?

Kinda off topic, but as far as ID'ing goes, I was babysitting my buddy's 11 year old the day I went to pick up Resident Evil 6 and the clerk wouldn't sell it to me because she said the store's policy is to not sell 'M' rated games to kids under 17 and she thought I was boot legging it for the kid.

CioCio

May 13, 2006
Greensboro, NC
Does anyone know what type of car John Forslund drives? If it wasn't him, I saw the spitting image of him coming out of the 15-501 ABC store in Chapel Hill earlier. The guy was driving a Volvo, though; Forslund might be at the point in his career where he's driving more than a Volvo.

No offense to any Volvo drivers; I've got a Toyota, so it's all good ;)

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Does anyone know what type of car John Forslund drives? If it wasn't him, I saw the spitting image of him coming out of the 15-501 ABC store in Chapel Hill earlier. The guy was driving a Volvo, though; Forslund might be at the point in his career where he's driving more than a Volvo.

Forslund is probably in LA with the team.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Forslund lives right down the road from where I used to in Apex, so, not saying it wasn't him, but probability dictates that it wasn't him.

Also, as pointed out above, Canes are on a roadie.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So the Adult Swim headquarters is a disgusting building about 1 minute from my apartment, basically it's exactly how you'd picture it.

I'm not sure if you guys have seen "Squidbillies," it's an awful show, but basically the squids are all stereotypical Georgia fans, with such beautiful lines as "I thought I was the original Gator hater, Daddy!"

Anyway, this one is my favorite:

As a Tech fan, I like things that make fun of dawgs more than most, but the above video is clean and objective hilarious.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Completely random, I know, but is anybody else growing out a stache for Movember?

Mine's pretty awful, as BanginLikeaBiscuit can attest to. For some reason (known as genetics), my facial hair grows in part blonde, part red, and part brown. If I went the Tlusty/Grabner/Vorecek/others route and used some just for men, it might be okay.:D

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Completely random, I know, but is anybody else growing out a stache for Movember?

Mine's pretty awful, as BanginLikeaBiscuit can attest to. For some reason (known as genetics), my facial hair grows in part blonde, part red, and part brown. If I went the Tlusty/Grabner/Vorecek/others route and used some just for men, it might be okay.:D

Yep, although there's some difficulties inherent to doing so and being a brass musician, especially a low brass musician.

In fact I have been working the full on beard angle.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Yep, although there's some difficulties inherent to doing so and being a brass musician, especially a low brass musician.

In fact I have been working the full on beard angle.

I'll be in Poland around Christmas, and I'm debating trying to grow the full beard. If I were to do so, I'd need to start pretty much now so I have about a month for it to come in.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Funny thing is, at least with mine, it started growing quickly but it's taken damn near forever to fill in. I'm about 20 days into growing it (with having trimmed it once) and it's still not that thick.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
my facial hair grows in part blonde, part red, and part brown.

Mine is the same way, though it has gotten better with age. Actually I just started letting it grow again for the first time since 2009 (I may never get to do a playoff beard again so I'll just go ahead and do it on my own).

SCanedinavian

Sep 13, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland

I did it last year and considered doing it again this year, but without a beard I go from looking mid-twenties to looking about 17, and the hassle with getting asked for ID all the time just isn't worth it. So I'll just donate to it this year.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Also this is funny:

The best is that older lady (Phyllis from some small town near Birmingham I think) who defends the hell out of Alabama football no matter what. She got upset once because Colin Cowherd said something about Gus Malzhan is going to give Nick Saban fits.

Sounds like this Tammy caller and Phyllis should have some sort of free for all.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Eric Bledsoe said that UK could sweep the 76ers in a 7-game series. Based on how pathetic we've started this season, I'd be inclined to believe him.

I just cannot see a college basketball team beating an NBA squad, ever.

Well except maybe the 11-12 Bobcats. Actually no, even they I think would beat the best NCAA team.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The best is that older lady (Phyllis from some small town near Birmingham I think) who defends the hell out of Alabama football no matter what. She got upset once because Colin Cowherd said something about Gus Malzhan is going to give Nick Saban fits.

Sounds like this Tammy caller and Phyllis should have some sort of free for all.

I saw that one too it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad