OT: Hurricanes Lounge XVIII:Will State put 50 up on Carolina? DISCUSS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I should probably post in this thread now since our mods are slacking big time.

Yeah, I turned it off. I have studying to do.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Better thread title: "Will any NC football team come anywhere close to how good ECU is? DISCUSS!!!! I mean, we hung 70 on UNC and NCSU was to scurred to play us this year."

Also, I started Steve Smith in fantasy today, MUA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I had Smith in Fanduel. Very productive. If Brees has a huge game I may make a few bucks.

CI - Bortles and the Jags look fairly competent thus far.

Brock Anton - a win!

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Mike Glennon leads the Bucs to victory (according to NFL.com)! :yo::yo:

Although on the final touchdown play, he followed Vincent Jackson the entire time. He needs to stop picking a receiver and following them if he wants to cement his starter status.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Bring it, they need a couple ****** seasons here and there to rebuild that DB crew, WRs, and O-Line

Too true, Dave. Steelers rebuild imminent. The D-Line is as old as Methuselah, aside from Antonio Brown we have no Receivers of note, and the O-Line is as green as a Rolling Rock bottle. I just hope that Tomlin ends up not losing his job over this while Haley ends up losing his.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
CI - Bortles and the Jags look fairly competent thus far. /QUOTE]

God I hope so. I missed out on Bortles in my dynasty league, but drafted Lee and Hurns and picked up Robinson off waivers.

Hopefully at least two of them turn into something now that my go to guys the past few years (Andre Johnson and Steve Smith) are getting older.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
#22 ECU opens up as a 39 point favorite at home against SMU :yo:

Also, in slightly more comical news, The Oakland A's celebrated making the playoffs with.... Josh Reddick's scrotum :laugh:

scrote.0.png

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
it can be as worth it or not worth it as you want it to be. people who are serious about it can rack up some serious money, but i just do it casually for fun.

i put in 10 bucks over a year ago (they match whatever money you initially put in up to 200 dollars, iirc) and have not put in any more money and i am still coasting by

i mostly just use it for fantasy hockey dailies, but the nfl and college football has been a nice diversion until hockey starts again. the tournaments and stuff are largely a way to throw your money away as it is very hard to place in the money with that many entrants. i usually just play 1 or 2 dollar head to head games. it is a good time if you just want to play fantasy when you feel like it and win money while doing so.

you also can play free things that do not payout if you just want to play for fun. i do that for baseball because i dont know baseball at all and i like to see numbers go up.

if you are interested, i can probably answer any specific questions you have about how it works or whatever. also i have a referral link you can use that apparently does something for me, but i don't know what.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I don't normally get caught up in people ranting about their college coach being terrible and should be fired and blah blah blah, but this is extremley well written and I agree 100%.

Some NSFW text, but the videos are all safe.

A little too emotional for my taste, what with the "Michigan football comforted me when family members died." However, the overall point is correct. Hoke is hopelessly outmatched by other head coaches. He's a coordinator, pure and simple. And the fact he doesn't have even a little control over his staff, so that NO ONE saw the QB get pummeled, was falling all over himself....yeah, time to go. (Michigan fan here)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Thing is, it is so obvious with Hoke that anyone could have written that article. (also Michigan fan here).

Wonder if they'll go after Harbaugh? He's the type of guy who, IMO, has a short shelf life at the pro level, as I think he wears on his players. But at the college level, where he is basically coaching kids and no player is really there more than 4 years before moving on, his shelf life is probably longer (or maybe non-existent).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Karma's a ***** eh? Michigan brought this on themselves after the way they treated Rich Rod. Your boosters wanted a "Michigan Man" you got one. (WVU alum and guy that knows Rich Rod here)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Karma's a ***** eh? Michigan brought this on themselves after the way they treated Rich Rod. Your boosters wanted a "Michigan Man" you got one. (WVU alum and guy that knows Rich Rod here)

Why do you feel he got the shaft. Are you forgetting what he brought onto himself and the program?

Players were bailing on the program because of Rich Rod.
Reports of him treating players like **** and overly degrading them.
PLAYERS turning him in for violations
He brought NCAA violations to the program

If you ignore all that and only look at performance: 3-9; 5-7; 7-6 and some of the biggest losses at home seen in a while for Michigan.

Rodriguez has the lowest winning percentage of any coach in Michigan football's history and never beat Michigan's chief rival, Ohio State University, and in-state rival Michigan State University.

Don't get me wrong, Hoke SUCKs and absolutely needs to go, but I think it's disingenuous to imply that Rich Rod somehow got the shaft. Maybe the only argument that could be made is that maybe they should have given him more time, but his body of work didn't exactly warrant it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Why do you feel he got the shaft. Are you forgetting what he brought onto himself and the program?

Players were bailing on the program because of Rich Rod.
Reports of him treating players like **** and overly degrading them.
PLAYERS turning him in for violations
He brought NCAA violations to the program

If you ignore all that and only look at performance: 3-9; 5-7; 7-6 and some of the biggest losses at home seen in a while for Michigan.

Rodriguez has the lowest winning percentage of any coach in Michigan football's history and never beat Michigan's chief rival, Ohio State University, and in-state rival Michigan State University.

Don't get me wrong, Hoke SUCKs and absolutely needs to go, but I think it's disingenuous to imply that Rich Rod somehow got the shaft. Maybe the only argument that could be made is that maybe they should have given him more time, but his body of work didn't exactly warrant it.

Because 3 years, in my opinion, is only just at the starting point of a coach being able to implement a completely new system as Rich Rod was doing, a system absolutely diametrically opposed to what had been in place at Michigan for DECADES. As his record shows, things were moving in the right direction, and as the first season with Hoke showed he had things working eventually. Here's the thing, a lot of Michigan people I know (boosters and alums), and I mean by about a 6 to 1 ratio, were against him before the ink was even dried on his contract because he wasn't one of their own. He was transitioning systems that were completely incompatible the same way he did at WVU, and his success there wasn't THAT much better in a much ****tier conference in his first few years. It wasn't until the 5th season things really turned around at WVU, his system was fully implemented, and he railed off 3 straight 10+ win seasons.

Players were bailing on the WVU program and claiming the same things because of Rich Rod his first year here as well. Absolutely nothing came of it. NOTHING. ****, Scotty McPlaybook and Maryland beat the ever living **** out of us while he was with the Terps because of it. Thing is it's a process, and it especially takes time to move from a pro-set style offense to the kind of spread-option that Rich runs. 3 years is not nearly enough time in the world of college football for a new head coach to completely change cultures.

Problem is, for Rich at least, that the donors didn't want a culture change, they just wanted a coach change that had ties to the previous culture. Here's the thing though, unless they get Miles or Harbaugh (no ****ing chance on either) it's going to happen all over again with whoever their next coach is. They got their "Michigan Man" in Hoke and it was a complete **** show. And until the donors are ready to get over it things aren't going to get better any time soon shy of the Niners owner going on a total bender and canning Harbaugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad