How have your 2017 picks progressed

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Spelt Vilardi wrong bud
Refer to my other thread we were debating in. As a Rangers fan, Chytil is clearly ahead of Andersson
Also clearly ahead of, Necas, Glass, Valimaki, Liljegren, Frost
“Maybe Rasmussen” is laughable
You’re underrating Thomas as well
Give me a half decent argument for Valimaki/Rasmussen/Necas/Andersson/Frost over Chytil and I’ll be seriously impressed. Especially Valimaki/Rasmussen
Chytil would go around 6-8 in a redraft and I think everyone else can agree
Again, please refer to the other thread we were debating in, after seeing those points there is NO way you can say Chytil would be around 15. It’s either you can’t accept being wrong or you have some dislike for the Rangers, sure, opinions are opinions but after all Chytil has been doing I don’t get how you can be so ignorant
Frost and Necas are a very easy argument, rest are debatable I suppose.

Frost and Necas are better at hockey, period

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Spelt Vilardi wrong bud
Refer to my other thread we were debating in. As a Rangers fan, Chytil is clearly ahead of Andersson
Give me a half decent argument for Valimaki/Rasmussen/Necas/Andersson/Frost over Chytil and I’ll be seriously impressed. Especially Valimaki/Rasmussen
Again, please refer to the other thread we were debating in, after seeing those points there is NO way you can say Chytil would be around 15. It’s either you can’t accept being wrong or you have some dislike for the Rangers, sure, opinions are opinions but after all Chytil has been doing I don’t get how you can be so ignorant

Clearly ahead of Glass? I’m calling BS on that one. Surely no Rangers bias there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Some of the worst drafting I have ever seen. Zablocki and Lindstrom are some of the worst picks I have ever seen. Lindstrom was a projected 3/4th round pick...

The Zablocki pick was freaking brutal. There were some good players left in that 3rd round still.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killerjas

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Jets have been very happy with first rounder vesalainan and second rounder Samberg.

Both have exceeded expectations and will both likely be key players in the future.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Leafs 1st rounder Liljegren is playing big minutes for a top contending team in the AHL, so pretty happy with him. Our 5th rounder Gordeev is also one of the few bright spots on a crappy Flint team.

Other than that, our 2017 picks generally haven't had good years. Wouldn't be surprised if Liljegren ended up being the only NHLer (though it is obviously quite early and maybe some turn things around in the next few years).

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Clearly ahead of Glass? I’m calling BS on that one. Surely no Rangers bias there.
People are sleeping on Cody Glass pretty heavily. But, I guarantee he gets NHL games next year. He looked almost NHL ready in the preseason and im sure he progressed in several areas this year.

It seems like every pick Vegas had in the 2017 draft have progressed immensely. Looking great for them.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Rasmussen is literally the only guy that doesnt look terrible.... and he was a disappointing pick too. What an awful draft for us.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
For the Sens:

Shane Bowers C (Round 1 - 28th): Traded to COL in the Duchene package but progressed nicely this year in the NCAA. Exceeded the expectations that I had for him personally.

Alex Formenton LW (Round 2 - 47th): Fastest skater in the OHL and maybe CHL. Played in a top line roll after London traded away a lot of their top/older players. Finished with 29G, 19A in 48GP and will likely have much better numbers next year.

Drake Batherson C (Round 4 - 121st): Top 6 forward in the making imo with a great WJC display. Notched 29G, 48A in 51GP split between Cape Breton and Blainville.

Jordan Hollett G (Round 6 - 183rd): Rough year for the MH Tigers goalie. He posted 3.43 GAA and .896 SV% in 36GP.

Small draft but considering that the Sens got Formenton and Batherson outside of the 1st round, to me that`s a win considering we only had 4 picks. And at the time I considered our 2nd and 4th round selections to be better than Bowers too, so decent haul and progression to say the least.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Small draft but considering that the Sens got Formenton and Batherson outside of the 1st round, to me that`s a win considering we only had 4 picks. And at the time I considered our 2nd and 4th round selections to be better than Bowers too, so decent haul and progression to say the least.
Batherson was an overager, so its fairly logical he was a 4th round selection.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
People are sleeping on Cody Glass pretty heavily. But, I guarantee he gets NHL games next year. He looked almost NHL ready in the preseason and im sure he progressed in several areas this year.

It seems like every pick Vegas had in the 2017 draft have progressed immensely. Looking great for them.
Yeah, Glass looked really good in preseason. Granted it's preseason, still, it's a high level of play compared to juniors, NCAA, etc.

That long, high pass he made to... I forget who, was nuts and showed really great awareness. He's gonna be good.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Spelt Vilardi wrong bud
I would definitely not take Chytil 6-8 in redraft yet. Probably in the 10-20 range though.

Jokiharju is really shaping up for my team. I wouldn't draft anyone else in a redraft even though Tolvanen has looked great. Mitchells been great too.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Pettersson won the scoring title and set a new record for u 20 scoring.
Lind was 2nd in primary points in the WHL.
Gadjovich voted hardest working player by OHL GM's
Dipietro lead the OHL in shut outs. One from setting a OHL Record.
Brassard voted 2nd best offensive dman in the Western conference of the OHL

pretty good I say.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Chytil-Very good. He's top 5-10 in a re-draft.
Andersson-He's been okay. I think he was over-drafted, but he'll be a helpful NHL player.
Crawley-He's been okay. Might be a bottom pairing D in the NHL, might not be one.
Barron-Very good. He's been good for one of the best teams in college hockey as a freshman.
Chytil has developed a lot this year. Definitely would be a top 10 pick in a re-draft.

I felt like the Rangers had better options at 7th overall, but that's in the past, and Andersson had a great year as well. Would have preferred Mittelstadt, but I'm fine with Andersson.

I hear Crawley is making great strides in his first year as a pro.

I used to not be very high on Barron, but he could become a hell of a player for the NYR some day. Just needs to polish his game a bit. I think he is an absolute steal for where he was drafted.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad