How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Supposedly Teddy Nolan is now the coach of the Polish national team.

Ted Nolan's contract with the Sabres ran through the 2016-2017 season and he's finally off Terry Pegula's books.
So now the two-time former Buffalo coach has a new job in hockey.
Nolan, 59, has been named the coach of the Polish National Team and was introduced in Warsaw on Tuesday.
His staff will include Tom Coolen, an assistant under him during his second stint with the Sabres from 2013-2015.

“I love challenges. I’ve always been an underdog my whole life," Nolan said in an article posted on the Web site of the International Ice Hockey Federation.
"When this opportunity came and seeing where Polish hockey has been for a while, hopefully I can make a difference and rise up to a higher level.
I’m really looking forward. It’s probably my biggest challenge to date and my biggest excitement to date."

Poland has not been in the IIHF's top division since 2002.
They are looking for Nolan to work some of the same magic he did with Latvia.
Latvia nearly sprung an upset of Team Canada during the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

Rest Of The Article - http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/12/ted-nolan-named-coach-polish-national-team/

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Wonder where Vanek will end up.

I still can't believe this franchise matched a 7x7 offer sheet for him over taking the picks and rebuilding. Briere & Drury had already walked. You were no longer a cup contender. What happened instead? They win a combined five playoff games, miss the playoffs completely the following four out of six seasons. Win no playoff rounds. That was the start of the ugly mess.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
My favorite games with Campbell were the ones right after the lockout when the NHL was taking a hard line with obstruction.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
deep cuts.
07Ynu.gif

fare well, fair one.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I am/was a big fan of Brian Campbell. I especially admired him for the fortitude he displayed on the way up to the NHL. It seemed to me that Lindy rode him particularly harshly. Maybe he saw in him the player that he could become and, eventually, he did become that player.

By the time he left Buffalo, he had proven that he was an NHL defenseman to be reckoned with. I can still recall one of his last public statements to the Buffalo fans after he had signed with Chicago was something to the effect that he loved playing in Buffalo and please not boo him when he came back.

Sabres fans boo'd him anyways - and it might have been the "best" booing of a returning Sabre ever - as I think the fans really loved the guy. But hey - tradition is tradition.......

Conrats to Campbell after a great NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad