Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
WPyW3DB.gif

:handclap::laugh::laugh:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
ML16-18101_CentennialLogoPressConf_LeafsTopStory644x396px.jpg

A 100 Years Flashback Tribute-Montage.... for the Toronto Maple Leafs .. and all the many decades of Leafs fans out there..!

If you didn't see the last video loaded before this one..., (posted at the top of this page).. it is a 100 Years "Leafs Fans" montage..., so I thought I would keep the retrospect celebration going with this one...

Clips include: MANY, assorted 1920's-2016 clips of the Toronto Maple Leafs over the last 96 years....(and there could be some clips even earlier than that in here.., as not all clips were dated/described .. There are definitely some earlier photos, though..) ; many more clips of the Leafs entering into the arena(s) over many different seasons... and various other 1918- 2016 season photos & clips....

Toronto Maple Leafs 100 Years Tribute: Century Flashback Montage - TML 2016-17 (HD)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
A 2016 Leafs Fans pump/montage.., for all the fellow "BELEAFERS" out there.. I always try to do something a little different than my usual montages each summer.... and this is another one that features many fans along the past many seasons..., as well as a few other momentos..

Clips include: Assorted 2012-2016 clips of Toronto Maple Leafs fans/ crowd/ audience....; clips of some Leafs fans watching & celebrating the 2016 Draft 1st Pick..; clips from some Leafs fans playing hockey... "on top of the world".., in the 2016 MC contest... (shot here in Toronto)... and various other 1930's- 2016 season photos & clips....

I'm A Beleafer! : 2016 Toronto Maple Leafs Fans Pump (HD)

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
I think it is high time we rethink our vets if they don't show up when we need them. For years we sang the praise of these guys and then they get outshone by an 18 yr. old on his first night.If we aren't going for the playoffs, some of our vets can go. Isn't it time to ask, are they really that good? I have waited years for a good team, how do passengers help, especially veteran ones? Sometimes, things get old and I'm starting to lose my patience with the past regime's core guys.

What?! yeah, pretty sure I remember "Blozak" and "Bozo the Clown" and a lot of people saying he was leaching off of skilled players. A lot of people. Last year, when he continued to produce as he had previously without a star player to "leach" off of, the criticism eased up but the Bozak hate around these parts has been ridiculous at times. JVR has gotten off pretty lightly in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I think your point stands, these two have to step up. But there hasn't been that much praising singing regarding Bozak.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What do you really expect from our vets? They are not bad players but they are not great either. The rookies will consistently outshine them because they have more skill. I expect Matthews, Nylander, and Marner to carry the vets all season long, quite frankly.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What do you really expect from our vets? They are not bad players but they are not great either. The rookies will consistently outshine them because they have more skill. I expect Matthews, Nylander, and Marner to carry the vets all season long, quite frankly.

Then we need better vets

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

I don't mind them getting carried.
I do expect them to chip in and help out from time to time.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I expect them to play up to their abilities. JVR isn't a garbage player. He can be more effective than scoring on his own net.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I hope we don't see such a third line. We'll just be giving the opposing top line full authority in the defensive zone.

Personally, I'd rather see Brown on the shut down line.
I agree that the shutdown line shouldn't be that but I think it will be fine with Michalek on there.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
ML16-18101_CentennialLogoPressConf_LeafsTopStory644x396px.jpg

A 100 Years Flashback Tribute-Montage.... for the Toronto Maple Leafs .. and all the many decades of Leafs fans out there..!

If you didn't see the last video loaded before this one..., (posted at the top of this page).. it is a 100 Years "Leafs Fans" montage..., so I thought I would keep the retrospect celebration going with this one...

Clips include: MANY, assorted 1920's-2016 clips of the Toronto Maple Leafs over the last 96 years....(and there could be some clips even earlier than that in here.., as not all clips were dated/described .. There are definitely some earlier photos, though..) ; many more clips of the Leafs entering into the arena(s) over many different seasons... and various other 1918- 2016 season photos & clips....

Toronto Maple Leafs 100 Years Tribute: Century Flashback Montage - TML 2016-17 (HD)

Onkyatenro (friend)
Good to see you!

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Kadri was great defensively. That's enough to not get on him after one game.

His offense was lacking with him trying to do too much, but still had a positive impact... Anyone else catch him trying to outdo Matthews and Marner? He simplifies like he did second half, he'll be even better.

Nah he didnt block any shots so he had a bad game

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Turris had 2 goals therefore the Turris line was not shut down.

Had it been shutdown we wouldn't be talking about a 5-4OT loss and a RUINED effort by Mathews, we would be talking about a 4-3 win and people would be raving about Mathews even more than they have.
What could Kadri have done about either Turris goal

1st one was a blatant error by Marincin, 2nd one Kadri wasnt even on the ice because it was 3on3

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Turris had 2 goals therefore the Turris line was not shut down.

Had it been shutdown we wouldn't be talking about a 5-4OT loss and a RUINED effort by Mathews, we would be talking about a 4-3 win and people would be raving about Mathews even more than they have.

Spoken like a true box score watcher. It was Matthews who blew coverage on the 2nd Turris goal.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Vets need to step up with secondary scoring if the Bruins put a full court press on the rookies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Keep the Hyman-Matthews-Nylander line intact.

Try to switch around JVR/Bozak/Marner, Komarov/Kadri/Michalek.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
their were team blunders and individual screw ups, but the team and some guys played great vs sens, we played a good game...i dont see babs making any changes till we have a bad game, or a few bad ones

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Keep the Hyman-Matthews-Nylander line intact.

Try to switch around JVR/Bozak/Marner, Komarov/Kadri/Michalek.

Or perhaps we don't start playing with the lines too much after one game. In theory Bozak, Marner and JvR could be a good line. Give it a few games and see if they start to mesh.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Home opener preview: Bruins at Maple Leafs

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/10/14/home-opener-preview-bruins-at-maple-leafs.html

AIR CANADA CENTRE

FACEOFF: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

RADIO: TSN 1050

KEY PLAYERS

Marchand/Matthews

The second game of the season for both teams pits Leafs rookie sensation Auston Matthews, the 19-year-old who debuted with a four-goal game Wednesday in Ottawa, against World Cup star Brad Marchand of the Bruins, who notched five points in the Boston’s season-opening 6-3 win over Columbus on Thursday. Matthews is likely to face far more physical contact than he did in the opener. Marchand had five goals in five games against Toronto last season.

NEED TO KNOW

The Bruins practised in Toronto Friday and listed centre Patrice Bergeron as day-to-day with an upper body injury. Bergeron, normally Marchand’s centre, did not travel with the team for Thursday’s opener. Defenceman Adam McQuaid (lower body) is questionable, while blue-liner Kevan Miller is out six weeks after hand surgery. . . . For the first time since the 1985-86 season, four Bruins made their NHL debuts on opening night — defencemen Brandon Carlo and Rob O’Gara, and forwards Austin Czarnik and Danton Heinen. . . . Marchand performed just fine without Bergeron on a line with David Backes and David Pastrnak, combining for 12 points, 18 shots on goal and 23 shot attempts while finishing plus-16. The 20-year-old Pastrnak had a career-high four points (two goals and two assists).

UP NEXT

Wednesday in Winnipeg, 8 p.m.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Having our 4th line playing to its strengths will help establish our team identity. Martin needs other crash-and-bangers. Holland is soft and has zero motor. Brown... haven't seen enough of him, but let's see how he fills that role in the next few games.

Lindberg, Soshnikov, Rychel and Gauthier are way better fits on the bottom line with Martin.

I'd prefer this:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Soshnikov-Kadri-Komarov
Martin-Gauthier-Lindberg
Rychel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad