Pre-Game Talk: Home Opener | Saturday @ 7PM | Bruins @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Don't believe their will be lineup changes.

Hunwick was at practice, so it appears he's fine, but we could see Polak/Corrado take his spot.

Would be cool to see Griffith get into the lineup.

Let's hope for a big game from Andersen!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Need a better game from Andersen but we also need a better game from the depth scores, Kadri Bozak JVR Komarov these guys did NOTHING against Ottawa

The 4 of them combined had 6 shots on goal

And in Kadri's case he did literally nothing

No goals no assist no points no shots no hits no block shots

There is an interview with former raptors coach Sam Mitchell where he talks about players having stat lines of 0 0 0 0 0

There was literally Kadri against Ottawa

At least Bozak Komarov JVR they all had shots.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Babcock can be a bit of dinosaur as we saw on Detroit with overplaying Clearly. I'm really hoping Hunwick is on the third pairing while we have a top 4D that can move the puck well.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Kadri line to shutdown Bergeron and Marchand? Could be another long night for Andersen.

If we get on them early, score a bunch we should be good. Looking forward to watching these great young kids again, win or lose its fun to watch Leaf hockey again.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kadri line to shutdown Bergeron and Marchand? Could be another long night for Andersen.

If we get on them early, score a bunch we should be good. Looking forward to watching these great young kids again, win or lose its fun to watch Leaf hockey again.

Bergeron might be out.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm pretty sure Hunwick will be out since he was not in the top 6 pairings. I guess we will find out today. That's the only lineup change we'll likely see for us.

Last edited:

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Need a better game from Andersen but we also need a better game from the depth scores, Kadri Bozak JVR Komarov these guys did NOTHING against Ottawa

There is an interview with former raptors coach Sam Mitchell where he talks about players having stat lines of 0 0 0 0 0

Nice. Could literally use more hyperbole.

Literally. :shakehead

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Ahh. Looks like Backes will be with Marchand. Wonder if we'll see a Backes/Kadri tilt round 2. Or Throw Martin on that line with Komarov

JVR. Bozak. Marner
Nylander. Matthews. Hyman
Martin. Kadri. Komarov
Michalek. Holland. Brown

Hopefully Griffith is in for Holland ....Holland to me is soft, makes poor decisions and plays with little or no intensity especially for a big man ....no time for him at at all.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

The vets have to step up! They can't be invisible like they were in game 1. The only standout from the JVR-Bozak line was Marner.

Another few games like Wednesday and we may as well trade off JVR, Bozak, Kadri, Michalek and Komrov and bring up ALL the young guns, seeing as they were the only noticeable ones.

I don't mind the vets being invisible but that goes for the defensive side of the game too. Unfortunately, they stood out with a few defensive blunders.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Don't believe their will be lineup changes.

Hunwick was at practice, so it appears he's fine, but we could see Polak/Corrado take his spot.

Would be cool to see Griffith get into the lineup.

Let's hope for a big game from Andersen!

I would like to see Griffith in the lineup too but I doubt Babcock will change the lines.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Have you seen Griffith play? I have watched many of his games... hes not that great

You don't get 77 pts in 57 games playing "not that great." Whether or not that translates is yet to be seen. I think it is fair to say though that he's played some great hockey.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Why would anyone care about a Basketball Coach's thoughts on hockey?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Babcock happy with Matthews and other kids, wants Maple Leafs veterans to step up

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/1...er-kids-wants-maple-leafs-veterans-to-step-up

TORONTO — Mike Babcock is genuinely thrilled to coach Auston Matthews and the youngest current roster in the NHL, especially when No. 34 launches his career with four goals.

With that comes the mistakes of youth, but the Maple Leafs coach was more concerned his veterans were culpable a few times in Wednesday’s 5-4 overtime in Ottawa. Toronto has its home opener on Saturday against Boston and can’t expect a multi-goal game every night from its teenage centre and wingers Zach Hyman and William Nylander.

“Nice to see how good our kids can be,” Babcock said after a Thursday practice with a large media presence covering Matthews. “We have a lot of veterans who can be a lot better, we have to keep the puck out of our net.

“There were too many mistakes (overall, including a flub or two from goalie Frederik Andersen), but we controlled most of the game and had the puck most of the time.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad