Bowen Island, BC

Those pants tho
55642535.jpg

tumblr_lplfrbRGja1qcqgrgo2_500.gif

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
The first game was so much fun to watch, I think I'll have to stay up all night again.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I get what you are saying but maybe he is doing all he can and these are just the results? He is worth what he is getting paid in my opinion.
Well the 2 things I mentioned (defensive play and getting to the dirty areas) aren't talents. They are a matter of wanting to do them and applying yourself to them. What I was saying is ,in my opinion, he'd be a valuable player , on the wing, if he could do these two things. I imagine he doesn't want to and he'll find himself out of hockey shortly.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
So what we saw last game was the real Andersen, who is known for giving up soft goals and goes on long stretches of being useless. I don't really have faith in him.

...That's not what I said. At all.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Should be pretty clear by now Babcock isn't rolling with the classic top six- bottom six depth chart. He's going with three balanced scoring lines and am energy line

Kadri was great defensively. That's enough to not get on him after one game.

His offense was lacking with him trying to do too much, but still had a positive impact... Anyone else catch him trying to outdo Matthews and Marner? He simplifies like he did second half, he'll be even better.

He and Leo were solid in terms o possession - a player doesn't need to have any highlight reel plays to have a good game.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Should be pretty clear by now Babcock isn't rolling with the classic top six- bottom six depth chart. He's going with three balanced scoring lines and am energy line

He and Leo were solid in terms o possession - a player doesn't need to have any highlight reel plays to have a good game.

As it should be.

And agreed on Kadri. He had a decent game. Obviously, you would like him to produce offensively, but he played a good possession game and was responsible defensively.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
In my opinion, a goalie who lets in soft goals frequently is useless.

Anaheim didn't give up the fewest goals last season because Andersen was useless. He's still a good goalie during those times. You put words in my mouth there. I never said he was worthless through stretches, and that certainly wasn't the case.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Some early thoughts on playoffs.

"By game 20 you know if you are going to the playoffs or not..." Lou.

Gulp! Mathews scores 4 and we still lose.Can he score 5 per night so we can have a chance? Like it or not, Andersen being injured and such wasn't the best choice and our defense is still scarry. That makes this a must win game, already. Other years Toronto came out hot and still failed.I wonder if Lou will making any calls on a vet. top 4 Dman before long?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It amazes me that in this day and age, living in this wonderful country where you have easy access to so many resources, you choose to stay in the dark and not take advantage of the information that is out there and educate yourself.

https://theenergyline.wordpress.com/2016/10/13/ott-5-tor-4-10122016/

More than enough information to show that he had a good game with a positive impact. They completely shut down the Turris line if not for a boneheaded play by Martin Marincin.

JVR and Bozak were awful defensively and looked like they were taking a leisure skate after the first period.

Turris had 2 goals therefore the Turris line was not shut down.

Had it been shutdown we wouldn't be talking about a 5-4OT loss and a RUINED effort by Mathews, we would be talking about a 4-3 win and people would be raving about Mathews even more than they have.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
On Bozak and JVR.

I think it is high time we rethink our vets if they don't show up when we need them. For years we sang the praise of these guys and then they get outshone by an 18 yr. old on his first night.If we aren't going for the playoffs, some of our vets can go. Isn't it time to ask, are they really that good? I have waited years for a good team, how do passengers help, especially veteran ones? Sometimes, things get old and I'm starting to lose my patience with the past regime's core guys.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Ahh. Looks like Backes will be with Marchand. Wonder if we'll see a Backes/Kadri tilt round 2. Or Throw Martin on that line with Komarov

JVR. Bozak. Marner
Nylander. Matthews. Hyman
Martin. Kadri. Komarov
Michalek. Holland. Brown
I hope we don't see such a third line. We'll just be giving the opposing top line full authority in the defensive zone.

Personally, I'd rather see Brown on the shut down line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad