Recalled/Assigned: Hildeby recalled, new year, brave new world

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Hello. I am an elite Marlies fan who's seen Hildeby play a few times. Here's my scouting report.

Has a big frame and decent athleticism. Fairly good at reading a play. Decent mechanics. Mediocre at playing the puck. Needs to improve on his rebound control.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
If he does not get a shutout and score at least one goal or assist, he is a bust.

unless he gets in a fight, which is also ok

How would a shutout and a Gordie Howe hat trick be???

Legend after 1 game!!!

As Huey Lewis says, "it's Hildeby square."

Sorry that's the best I could do on short notice and it's a holiday
Valiant effort but I believe you may still be a bit under the influence….

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Enter the Hildebeast. So intriguing.

He either needs to be back with the Marlies as soon as possible or starting every game. Within a month. You'd think back down.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He will play better than SAMsonov. There is nothing in the trade market worth paying for. Dubas went nuts drafting a goalie every year. It's about to start paying dividends.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I am really worried about this kid. HockeyDB has him at 6'7" and 222 lbs. Why has he shrank to 6'5" and lost 13 lbs.?

The most reasonable answer is one of those sets of measurements is just wrong. 13 pounds isn’t significant, and generally speaking people in their 20s don’t shrink.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The most reasonable answer is one of those sets of measurements is just wrong. 13 pounds isn’t significant, and generally speaking people in their 20s don’t shrink.
6’5 209 was from Hockey Reference. I think it’s old data. I had to update his salary, they had him at 92,000 or something he made in Europe. I’m guessing 6’6” 230 is closer to reality. Sorry for the upheaval. In the long run 2 inches does make a difference. (Stop it )

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
6’5 209 was from Hockey Reference. I think it’s old data. I had to update his salary, they had him at 92,000 or something he made in Europe. I’m guessing 6’6” 230 is closer to reality. Sorry for the upheaval. In the long run 2 inches does make a difference. (Stop it )
Just look at hm towering over people in practice, the height is obviously legit.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Hopefully he gets a shutout on his first start to temper our expectations.
Maybe he can have as illustrious a career as Garret Sparks...

Pretty sure he was drafted in his D+2... so he's older...

Also been playing pro for a while.
He was a draft+3 when the Leafs picked him. 2001 birth means his first year of draft eligibility was 2019.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wanted to see him on the Marlies this year, but curious to see his mobility and athleticism in relation to his frame.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
As Huey Lewis says, "it's Hildeby square."

Sorry that's the best I could do on short notice and it's a holiday

I am singing this in my head now. Huey should re-release the song as Hildeby Square. Then when Hildeby is our starter in the first round, having never lost a regular season game, MLSE can fly Huey Lewis and the News to perform it live at Maple Leaf Square pre and post game, and of course have their own float at the Stanley Cup parade, playing the song non-stop.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I am singing this in my head now. Huey should re-release the song as Hildeby Square. Then when Hildeby is our starter in the first round, having never lost a regular season game, MLSE can fly Huey Lewis and the News to perform it live at Maple Leaf Square pre and post game, and of course have their own float at the Stanley Cup parade, playing the song non-stop.
You've obviously given this a lot of thought...which frightens me, frankly...

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
The expectations aren’t super high, just provide at least a 90 save percentage and you’re already miles ahead of Samsonov!

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Let's take it one step further. Facing utter humiliation, the home city of whichever team we defeat must rename their business district to Hildeby Square. The city must also pay to constantly have a Huey Lewis and the News cover band constantly playing that one song in perpetuity, for all eternity

• Haha
Reactions: the squared circle

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Will this guy get a game at some point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad